Subscribe Today

Right hand cramping up

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Right hand cramping up

Postby Icytrail » January 17th, 2008, 3:18 am

I have a 08 Skidoo GSX Limited Touring 600 SDI. I have a situation with this machine that after riding for about 20-30 minutes on a moderately rough trail my right hand cramps up so bad I have to stop, shake my hand back to life then continue.
I had a friend ride this machine and he experienced the same problem in about the same amount of time.
Its worth mentioning that we have a 04 GSX limited SDI. Riding this machine on the same terrain neither one of us has any hand fatigue at all let alone cramping.
I'm hoping someone might have an answer for this problem.

Thanks, Icytrail
Icytrail

Right hand cramping up

Postby Uller God » January 17th, 2008, 3:50 am

Loosen up da mounting screws a tad so you can barely spin the throttle assembly with your hand, that way you can find the location where your thumb rests without fatigue. I do allot of stand up so I spin mine up and down throughout the day.
Uller God

Right hand cramping up

Postby ACZL » January 17th, 2008, 4:03 am

I agree with UG. Kinda like Carpel Tunnel Syndrome only on a sled. I need to adjust both throttle and brake levers on my F6. Not too my liking. Got the adjustment with handlebar ok, but positions for both levers are outta whack for me. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

ACZL
2003 F250 SD,CC,4x4,SB,AT,Lariat,6.0PSD
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback 33 LBHTS "Custom":)
Member of The Cedar Creek RV Club
"Creekin' in the Summer"
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
ACZL

Right hand cramping up

Postby Icytrail » January 17th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.
Icytrail

Right hand cramping up

Postby Mogul Muncher » January 18th, 2008, 4:23 am

Replace your spring on throttle cable with a lighter one. I had the same problem with my 95 FZ....
Mogul Muncher

Right hand cramping up

Postby 4th ski-doo » January 18th, 2008, 4:16 pm

If you look on dootalk there is a thread on how to lighten up hard throttle pull. The bars are different than the 04 and you need to move the stuff around until you're comfy.
MM7 wrote:
"..you don't realize how bad yamaha's ride or handle until you go ride a Cat, a Doo, or a Polaris Turn the dial all you want..it's junk!!! The nytro's skid is better..but still not even close to a cat skid or a doo skid for that matter."
4th ski-doo

Right hand cramping up

Postby vwbuggyman » January 19th, 2008, 7:37 am

You can either install a lighter spring on the carbs, or you can just snip off 1 or 2 rings off each spring so it doesn't compress as much. Just be careful snipping the springs that you don't take too much off and that the springs will push it back to idle.

They have neoprene wrist braces specially made for "throttle thumb" out there as well, they're like $10 and I've heard they can help a lot. Might want to look into that.
vwbuggyman

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum