Subscribe Today

Yamaha Vector GT

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Yamaha Vector GT

Postby nikie713 » February 9th, 2008, 1:49 am

First i want to appologize for my ignorance..but i have an urgent question. I have just purchased a new Yamaha Vector GT for my husband for Valentines day. He currently owes 2 Polaris 600 / 700 2 strokes. He wanted to get a 4 stroke sled. So that is why i am surprising him with this one. I was telling him i was doing a lot of research on sled so i would know which one would be best for him. His reasoning for wanting a new sled is something that gets better gas milage then what he has and wanting something he could ride 100 - 150 miles without getting tired. So in other words "suspension" was very important. Well, last night i heard him telling a buddy... the Polaris has a 13 inch rear something where the Yamaha has a 11 rear something and he is concerned this wouldn't give as good of a ride so he would probably be staying with Polaris. I have alread paid for the sled and don't know what to do. Do you think this 2 in whatever is really going to make a difference in his ride? Does anyone know if the Yamaha Vector GT is a good riding sled? I guess i should have stuck with getting him a box of chocolates.
nikie713

Yamaha Vector GT

Postby Norsk » February 9th, 2008, 2:56 am

HE will LOVE it! All the new sleds ride great. I will be having a steak and night out, he will get many hours of enjoyment yet to come.
Norsk

Yamaha Vector GT

Postby whitedust » February 9th, 2008, 9:54 am

I never heard an owner of a Vector say anything bad about the sled. Great gas milage much better than poo 600 & 700 2s engines by 6 or 7 miles per gallon more. Vector has broad power band & just as fast as 600 & 700 polaris sleds & more at top end. Vector has remote adjust rear suspension so he can dial in his cushy ride with one hand. Electric start, reverse mirors, good wind protection... what else would he need? Riding position of poo sleds & vector simular too. Good choice he will love the sled don't worry.
whitedust

Yamaha Vector GT

Postby Turn Five Racing » February 10th, 2008, 4:30 am

Nikie, he will most likely never notice the difference in travel (13 vs 11). Like all sleds it will take a little adjusting for his preferences and he will be happy with it. You made a good choice for him, I am sure he will love it.
Turn Five Racing

Yamaha Vector GT

Postby Mogul Muncher » February 11th, 2008, 5:01 am

nikie713, if ya ever end up leaving your hubby, let's hook-up!! All I ever get from my wife is socks & underwear.................
Mogul Muncher

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum