Subscribe Today

Location?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Location?

Postby Schultz » August 2nd, 2001, 3:04 am

Hey guys,

I've been mostly a lurker on this list for a while now. I usually see the same people posting all of the time. I see most of you are from around Michigan, and the northeast. Anybody from out west? Like Colorado. I'm in Colorado Springs, been here for about a year and a half. I've been looking for places to ride, and rent. I shamefully don't have a sled right now. Nor is it in the budget. Just curious...

CS...
Schultz

Location?

Postby Xtreme XC » August 2nd, 2001, 6:00 am

A poster by the name of Tailgunner is on here now and then but haven't seen him around lately. He rides the Mts. If you see his name pop up, give em a message.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Location?

Postby Schultz » August 2nd, 2001, 7:06 am

Cool,

Thanks man.

Schultz

Location?

Postby westisbest » August 2nd, 2001, 8:32 am

i am from ne washington and ride the mountains, where real men ride. we do most of our riding in canada because it is the steepest and deepest. there are places in revelstoke where we have put on 100 miles of climbing and the only sleds you see all day are in the group you ride with. not like back east where there is someone around every corner waiting for a head on. much safer having to worry about avalanches then morons on the wrong side of the trail.
westisbest

Location?

Postby Schultz » August 2nd, 2001, 9:29 am

Hey, I rode in the cascades about a 1yr and a half ago, great riding. In Bend, OR on Mount Bachelor I believe. Rented an RMK 700 for a couple of days. Didn't hardly see anybody all day long. Only bad part is we could only find one place to get gas on the entire mountain. Love the steep and deep powder, but I'm a flatlander at heart and still preffer trail riding. I'm originally from Iowa and used to make 2 or 3 trips a year up to the U.P., Wisconsin (Cable/Hayward area), or northern Minnesota. Love the U.P.
Schultz

Location?

Postby zr500 » August 2nd, 2001, 11:01 am

It doesn't matter where or how you ride,the point is you are out there riding!!!!!
zr500

Location?

Postby Schultz » August 3rd, 2001, 1:32 am

This is true. I don't care how or where I ride, as long as I'm riding. I ride dirt bikes in the summer to satisfy the urge, still not as fun as sleds. But I'm looking for somebody to tell me some good places to ride in Colorado. And if possible a good place to stay and rent sleds. Anybody?
Schultz

Location?

Postby MxZ MoonZ » August 3rd, 2001, 2:04 am

G'zzz all you new-comers are actually showing your true idenity! You should post more often.
[yellow]The one[/yellow]...The only: [yellow]moonZ[/yellow]

[b]Eat. Sleep. Ridin' Ski-Doo.[/b]

Ski-Doo: Put something exciting between your legs.
MxZ MoonZ

Location?

Postby westisbest » August 3rd, 2001, 7:12 am

that is one of the problems with out here. you must provide your own gas station by hauling gas. but it sure is worth it not to have to see all the people. went riding down at yellowstone one winter and i swear we passed a group of people every 1/4 mile. no fun. bend or. is very good but you can't beat canada.
westisbest

Location?

Postby 700ZXM » August 4th, 2001, 4:27 pm

Yeah, We need some new opinions and input around here!
If you're not riding a Ski-Doo, might as well stay home!
700ZXM

Next

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum