Subscribe Today

'01 800 XC Performance Upgrade Suggestions

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby 800 XC » October 10th, 2001, 8:26 am

I'm looking to pipe and clutch my '01 800 XC. Does anyone have any opinions on manufactures, good or bad. PSI makes pipes that claim 21 hp while others are around 17. Does this sound accurate? Thanks for the help.
800 XC

Postby XC600Syclone » October 10th, 2001, 11:35 am

Those HP figures are grossly inflated. You'll see a realistic 12-14 peak HP with twin pipes, and about 9-10 HP with a single pipe. I haven't seen any pipe(s) for the 800 that produce more than a true 14-15 peak HP, including when jetted dangerously lean. The only way you'll see more than that is if you "cheat" the dyno & thus not make a legitimate comparison.

** Warning ** Shameless plug alert forthcoming.... :-P

Go to www.mcbperformance.com and click on the XC800 link. Matt (MCB) has a listing of items for the '01 XC800 to peruse thru... Matt gives discounts on multiple item purchases, so give him a call & I'm sure you will be able to work a deal.

'00 Polaris XC600SP
HTG 670 Stealth Bigbore, LRM Twin Pipes, V-Force Delta II's, Ported Carb Boots, Custom Clutching, Modified Airbox, Uni-Vents, Pyro2000 EGTs, Predator Track, 168 Powerpoints, blah blah blah....
XC600Syclone

Postby GlennXC » October 10th, 2001, 12:50 pm

My friend had Twin PSI pipes on his 01 800 XC. He said it felt like 20 hp. With the twin stingers that exit out in one hole, I think you definitely gain power over regular 2 to 1. He had PSI Twin Pipes, cut heads, V-Force Reeds and it flew. He put 6200 miles on in one year. He also asphault dragged it. He would run in high 5s, low 6s in the 1/8 mile on asphault.
GlennXC

Postby 2002XCSP700 » October 10th, 2001, 2:14 pm

Buy a 02 with VES.
[blue]2002xcsp700 Edge[yellow]X[yellow] [blue] with reverse[blue][yellow]///////////////////////////////[yellow]
[yellow]POLARIS # 1[yellow][blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[blue]

[blue][b]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[b][blue]
[yellow][b]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[b][yellow]
[blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[blue]
[yellow]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[yellow]

[red][i]When you feel the need for speed[i][red] [blue]......[b]Ride a POLARIS!![b][blue]
[green]///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[green]
[red]/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[red]
[yellow]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[yellow]
[blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[blue]
[purple]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[purple]
2002XCSP700

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum