Subscribe Today

sleddin issues, they need our help

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby snowrider » November 21st, 2001, 5:11 pm

snowtracks.com has more info on this subject
if anyone has some time check this out ATTENTION ALL SNOWMOBILERS. . . . WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Please get this to as many snowmobilers as possible!!!

The forest service and environmentalists are trying to take away our recreation area. Medicine Bow National Forest new forest plan is trying to eliminate snowmobiling in the Snowy Range. For those that have ridden here, you know how big a loss this would be for all of us.

The forest service ONLY deals with numbers. This is where you all come in. We need EVERYONE to write a simple letter stating that you support the & #8220; Recreation Alternative & #8221; for the Medicine Bow National Forest.

WE NEED THIS DONE IMMEDIATELY!!! Environmentalists at the forest service have tried to slip this through without giving us snowmobilers a chance to respond. PLEASE, RESPOND NOW!

Thanks for all your help!

Mail your letters to:
Mary Peterson, Forest Supervisor
Medicine Bow National Forest
2468 Jackson Street
Laramie, WY 82070
or e-mail Mary at mpeterson@fs.fed.us
snowrider

Postby snowrider » November 21st, 2001, 5:14 pm

sorry for the double post! this is what I wrote

I dont think that our recreation areas should be taken from us snowmobilers at all. reasoning is we work hard all year to only get a few months of free time to actually enjoy our-sleves, plus we pay for the privlidges to enjoy these areas by having to pay a fee to enter the state and forrest service lands, and our tax money also pays for these areas to keep the trails groomed and every thing else that goes in these areas. if anything we should get more areas to enjoy our-selves
and not to have to pay a dime to enter these places cuz our taxes pay for these areas anyways. so I definatly support the #8220 & the 8221 And I hope the rest of the snowmobilers agree with me!

what do you think of it?
snowrider

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum