Subscribe Today

Modular Helmets

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Modular Helmets

Postby Numb Nuts » November 24th, 2001, 10:53 am

Looking for a new helmet. Polaris has a new modular helmet and so does Ski Doo. Are these helmets worth the extra money? Do they fog? I would like to here from somebody who has one.

*This Message was edited on 26-Nov-01 03:04 PM by Numb Nuts*
Numb Nuts

Modular Helmits

Postby RyMachZ » November 24th, 2001, 11:15 am

I tried a the DOO modular helmet last year.

Very very nice helmets...They do not fog and the quick release front part is really cool..

Is it worth the $$$... No, not in my opinion.
RyMachZ

Modular Helmits

Postby chevykickass » November 24th, 2001, 11:19 am

I have a friend who used the doo hemet for a year, and then switched to a mx style helmet. I only use mx style and rarely have a problem with fogging. You can get a good mx style for around a $150, and another $30 or so for goggles. That beats $300 for a modular
chevykickass

Modular Helmits

Postby racetech » November 24th, 2001, 11:58 am

Polaris Modulars suck, Ski-doo's is great and if you a willing to pay the $ then do it. Its only dot cetified. I wook at a delear and the polaris is a glorified bieffe helmet.
racetech

Modular Helmits

Postby X-Team » November 24th, 2001, 12:01 pm

My uncle bought a Modular Helmit by Ski-doo... I tried it on, it felt nice...If I had the extra money, I'd get one...
Ski-doo... I Like Snow...
X-Team

Modular Helmits

Postby - -CHIG- ->>> » November 24th, 2001, 4:55 pm

I haven't tried one of these but you can save yourself some money if you buy the Lazer modular helmet instead of the Ski-Doo. (Lazer makes them for Ski-Doo so you will be getting the same helmet.)Also, I have seen them on Ebay, a brand name called "Zeus", DOT certified, for $109.00 new.
2006 Keystone Outback 29BHS
2006 Dodge 2500HD 4x4 w/some mods
Politically Incorrect And Proud Of It :p
- -CHIG- ->>>

Modular Helmits

Postby Xtreme XC » November 24th, 2001, 6:20 pm

Polaris' modulars DO NOT SUCK...sorry RaceTech... I just bought one recently for $200 (they retail at $300). Are they worth the money? Only you can answer that one. But you can find Pol modulars for $250. I personally think the extra $50 is worth it over the base helmets, although you can find cheap one's for just over $100 (non mods). The Pol's has a built in tinted visor which I personally like. I don't know what doo offers but from what I've seen they have a very good selection also. There is some other aftermarket modular helmet companies that make just as good helmets also for a good price. I would say to just shop around and get what works for you.

*This Message was edited on 24-Nov-01 11:21 PM by Xtreme XC*
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Modular Helmits

Postby Burky » November 24th, 2001, 10:18 pm

I bought one of the Zeus helmets from an Ebay dealer. Paid 89.90 plus 10.00 in shipping for it from Belden Motosport in NY. By all appearances, it's going to be a good helmet. Well made, latches easy to use with gloves on, it meets DOT standards though not Snell rating. Have worn it a little bit and it doesn't seem to fog up much, though only winter on the sled will truly tell. Mine came with a single shield, but I have a double lens and a breath deflector on order from J R Graham. Putting glasses on wearing this is a joy compared to fighting them in under a regular full face. Since it cost me about 1/2 to 1/3 of the Skidoo Modular, I am happy with it. All that's lacking is the white stuff now!
If you are in the ditch, upside down, and the sled's on top of you, you are doing something wrong.....
Burky

Modular Helmits

Postby catmandoo2002000 » November 25th, 2001, 4:11 pm

i had a ski doo modular helmet it never fogged and i loved the built in sunglasses.i hit a tree with that helmet face first and it did its job i hit about 30 mph.good helmet i can not stand wearing the mask it was pretty cool for a while but it kept popping buttons off of it when you take it off so i kept buying new masks $40.00 each f--- that.went to heated full face.firm beliver in a good helmet.if you got a $2.00 head get a $2.00 helmet
If it's not a cat it must be a dog
catmandoo2002000

Modular Helmits

Postby Trail Cat » November 26th, 2001, 7:18 am

Here's news for you. All modular helmets suck. I would never put one on my head. Think about the mechanicsms that work the quick release. One good shot and POWW. hundreds of pieces and the face is laying on the snow and your plowing snow with your eyelids. Believe it. I've seen it in NY. Guy got hauled away in the chopper to the hospital
Trail Cat

Next

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum