Subscribe Today

Amsoil Racing or Injector

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby ZR800EFI » December 13th, 2001, 12:19 am

Just curious on your opinions/experience with using either Amsoil Synthetic Racing or the Synthetic Injector oil.

I'm trying to determine which I/we should go with in my 800EFI and my brother-in-law's Viper.

A guy from Amsoil said anything with powervalves should run the Racing, but is he just trying to sell it to me cause it's double the price???

Thanks!
ZR800EFI

Postby CatmanZR800 » December 13th, 2001, 1:00 am

ZR800EFI,

Go with the racing...never heard any problems from any make sled with power valves or non with this stuff. All my friends Cat, Polaris, and Yamaha owners) burn this stuff and had no problems with the valves sticking.

I'm going to burn it in my new ZR800 EFI CC since I had burned it in my 600EFI.

I'm lucking out, my Polaris buddy has a 55 gallon drum of that racing stuff and is selling the oil to me for $10 a gallon. Can't beat that!
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Postby zr60001 » December 13th, 2001, 1:39 am

Question for you guys, when you guys switch oils do you drain the entire system or do you just run the oil low and add your synthetic oil on top of that. Is synthetic oil compatible with non-synthetic? Just curious. Thanks.
zr60001

Postby ZR800EFI » December 13th, 2001, 1:47 am

$10 a gallon???

d**n, I'll be paying about $40Cdn/gallon (about $25US I think).

Still not bad considering it's about the same price or a bit cheaper than I'd pay for the Cat Synthetic.
ZR800EFI

Postby ArcticEd » December 13th, 2001, 2:08 am

I've never drained and flushed to change oil brands. Just run the reservoir down , and when it's time to refill, use whatever you're gonna use.
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby ZRT800 » December 13th, 2001, 4:02 am

Hey, ZR800 have you checked out Royal Distributing in Barrie, Guelph, & Bala Ontario? I can't say what the AMSOIL Racing oil goes for, but AMSOIL Synthetic injector is only $27-cdn a gallon. Check out www.royaldistributing.com
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Postby ZR800EFI » December 13th, 2001, 4:36 am

ZRT800,

Thanks, no I didn't check, but the cost from Amsoil will be around $24Cdn/gallon for Injector, shipping included, +taxes.

I just checked Royal and the 12-litre case of Racing is going for $143Cdn, and I can get it for $126Cdn right from Amsoil, again, shipping included. I'm guessing Royal is +shipping?

Thanks for the link, though!

*This Message was edited on 13-Dec-01 09:37 AM by ZR800EFI*

*This Message was edited on 13-Dec-01 09:38 AM by ZR800EFI*
ZR800EFI

Postby yellow snow » December 13th, 2001, 2:56 pm

the guy I bought my sled from told me that he ran amsoil in the sled I bought and that he went the amsoil website and became a prefered customer and then a little bit after that he signed on as a dealer and gets it for 13.00 a gal. u.s. I just went on and subscribed for my prefered customer status (cost 10.00 u.s.) and when I get that in the mail I will sign up to be dealer. The prefered customer price is about 15.00 a gal. It is definitly worth it. Hope this helps. In my opinion cat, doo, pol, and Yam. oils are all so close that if you tested them therewould only be minor diff. from each other and from way cheaper oils on the market. I talked to a guy before that only ran casrol synthetic 2-cycle in his sleds with 4000 or so miles on them and only paid 8.00 a gal. There are only two places in the midwest here that supply oils such as these so they all have to be close the same just with certain additives to identify each brand in case of mechanical problems that deal with warrenty coverage so they can identify if they're oil is being used like they want you too. Just my two cents.
Yellow snow

[red]DON'T[red] EAT[red] THE[red] YELLOW[red] SNOW[red]
yellow snow

Postby ZR800EFI » December 13th, 2001, 11:05 pm

yellow snow,

Just so you know, there's no difference in the Preferred Customer price and the Dealer price. Once you're a preferred customer, you buy oil for dealer price.

You can send me an e-mail if you want the link to their pricing page.
ZR800EFI

Postby Pacman » December 14th, 2001, 1:16 am

ZR800EFI...

I've used the Shell Advance Ultra (100% Synth..)
on my 99XCR700 and on my 01SRX700, burns really clean...smokeless and doesn't smell bad (according to people following me).
I paid $96 cnd taxes incl. at the Shell Depot in Ottawa. ( case of 12 liters).
You can also get it from Canadian Tire, Royal Distributing and most of the Shell gas stations but you'll pay more $$$.(cheaper at Shell Depot).

Al. (02ZR800EFI)
Al. (02ZR800EFI)

As long as you ride!!!
Pacman

Next

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum