Subscribe Today

Amsoil Racing or Injector

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby ZR800EFI » December 14th, 2001, 1:59 am

Thanks, Pacman.

I think I'm going to give the Amsoil Injector a try -- 100% Synthetic as well -- and can't beat the price -- $75Cdn for a case of 12, shipping and taxes included.

Many people seem to use it without a problem.

P.S.: You get that sled from G&S yet??? I notice your signature has changed so I assume you have...should be glad you waited since there was no snow here anyway! :-0
ZR800EFI

Postby Pacman » December 16th, 2001, 2:04 am

ZR800EFI...

Yes I got it on Dec.01 and it has been sitting in the garage since!!!!
Some friends of mine were gone to Mtn-Valin for the weekend...I 'll know more tonight when they arrive.(Mtn-Valin Lac St-Jean, Qubec.)

Where did you get that Amsoil at $75 Cnd tax/shipping incl. for a case of 12L ???

By the look of it, I'll be riding next year!!!2002

Al. (02ZR800EFI)
Al. (02ZR800EFI)

As long as you ride!!!
Pacman

Postby zr800newyork » December 16th, 2001, 4:13 am

Is there riding in Quebec? My cross country 800 is running in my garage too,,, first time Buffalo had a snowless November in 118 yrs of weather reports...not good. We have ground cover and chance of snow on Tug Hill mid-week. I found a great site with live web cams if you want to see some great pics too try absolutesnowmobile.com It is a kick...TS
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Postby condecatzr » December 16th, 2001, 10:27 am

hey guys

i work at an arctic cat dealer and we are dealers for amsoil. your 800 has power valves and the only oil recomended by arctic cat is their APV synthetic. it is the only oil specifically made for those power valves. your amsoil probably wont hurt anything but cat doesnt recomend it. hope i could be some help
condecatzr

Postby Slednut » December 16th, 2001, 10:32 am

I run Ansoil Synthetic Injector oil in both our sleds, my wifes Trail, as well as my Modded out XC. Got started as a preferred cust, now am a dealer. Never had an oil related problem, always start easy. Just run your tank down failry low, then refill with your new oil.
SN
Some call it Custom,[blue] Others call it Modified,[blue][red] Most call it insane![red][green] I call it FUN!!![green][yellow]
Stock, Why stop there?[yellow]
Slednut

Postby juniorXC700 » December 23rd, 2001, 2:37 pm

In my opinion, Amsoil is better than manufacture's oil. I have two friends with identical '01 XC SP 500's. Recently they took a trip to Maine where they drove almost 1500 in about a two week period. One of them ran Polaris VES oil and the other ran Amsoil Injector. When they got back, they both had their exhaust valves cleaned and the guy running Amsoil had almost half the amount of crap on the exhaust valves that the guy running the VES oil had!!! In my opinion it doesnt matter if u run synthetic or racing as long as u run Amsoil!!!
juniorXC700

Postby ice_man_cometh » December 24th, 2001, 12:48 pm

zr60001, i thought all snowmobile oil was synthetic? oh well. but the dude who says he works at a cat dealership? i know the guy who owns the one near me and went to haydays with him, hes a good guy by the way, anywho, he said that the amsoil is good to run in it, but he recommends the cat oil, cuz obviously he wants to make a sale. as for difference between the injector and racing oil, the guy i talked to at amsoil said that the injector oil is recommended on all sleds with an oil injector, and the only difference is that the racing oil will withstand more of a punishment, so to say, as in racing with the extreme heat generated in the engine from the constant rpm changes.
~john~
ice_man_cometh

Postby Myers Racing Inc. » December 24th, 2001, 4:16 pm

All snowmobile oil is not synthetic! Even the Polaris VES and Gold synthetic is not a pure synthetic oil!! I'm not sure about the new Polaris race oil because the dealer I race for doesn't stock it so I haven't been able to check out the ingredients. They way to tell if a oil is a pure synthetic product is to look at the back label (or front on some brands) and read the fine print. I know for a fact that the Polaris VES oil contains a petroleum based ingredient. The oil manufactures are required by law (USA & maybe Canada)to put the ingrediants on the bottle. This is the only way to tell a good quality synthetic oil. How can the snowmobile manufactures call there oil "synthetic" when they contain petroleum based products in them? It is because there is a small amount of synthetic oil blended in. So read the oil bottle before you buy it if you want "synthetic" oil. You will not find any "pertoleum" based ingredients in any Amsoil products. We pride ourselves on offering the highest quality product available. Basically it is a buyer beware market when it comes to the "synthetic" oils. So read the bottle and make sure you are getting the high quality oils you are paying for. Any questions on Amsoil products go to my website www.myersracinginc.com.

Amsoil "The first in synthetics"

*This Message was edited on 24-Dec-01 09:18 PM by Myers Racing Inc.*
[url=http://www.myersracinginc.com]Myers Racing Inc.[/url]
Team MRI
Myers Racing Inc.

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum