Subscribe Today

Triton Trailor Problem

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Triton Trailor Problem

Postby Exjake » December 13th, 2001, 8:26 am

Has anyone had a problem braking a spring that holds up the tilt bed on a trailor? I have a broken spring and know of one other trailor with a broken spring. It's only a year old.

*This Message was edited on 13-Dec-01 01:37 PM by Exjake*
Exjake
Exjake

Triton Trailor Problem

Postby xcsp » December 13th, 2001, 8:53 am

Is this an actual coil style spring where the tongue attaches to the frame or a gas strut type?

I personally haven't heard of the coil style ones breaking, but have heard where the other style has been a problem.

I would either contact your dealer or Triton, shoot them an e-mail or call their toll-free number.
xcsp

Triton Trailor Problem

Postby Exjake » December 13th, 2001, 10:13 am

Yes it's the coil spring type. I thought I would wait before I contacted Triton to see if anyone else had this problem.
Exjake
Exjake

Triton Trailor Problem

Postby Trail Cat » December 14th, 2001, 3:58 am

I put a set on my trailer. Don't even waste your time trying to install a spring if the trailer isn't upside down. You'll never get it compressed far enough.
Trail Cat

Triton Trailor Problem

Postby xcsp » December 14th, 2001, 5:27 am

That seems odd to have a coil spring break in that application. I would hope to see they warranty it. I just purchased a Triton LT with an enclosure with the a-frame style tongue with two of the coil springs, and it's fun getting to tilt the trailer w/o a sled on the trailer to secure the tilt mechanism. Have you checked with your purchasing dealer to see if they'd help out?
xcsp

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum