Subscribe Today

Snow Clothes

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Snow Clothes

Postby Tantrum » December 24th, 2001, 3:41 am

New to snowmobiles for the second time. Used to ride years ago and just getting back in. I just picked up the Ski-Doo modular helmet and it feels and looks awsome, although it was in my living room because we have NO snow! Im going to need to pick up complete outfits for the girlfriend and myself. Who's got the best and what do you guy's find works. Boot's, Bibs, Jackets, gloves, ect.
Tantrum

Snow Clothes

Postby MXZX_800 » December 24th, 2001, 4:01 am

The Modular helmet is an awesome one. I've had 2 and loved them both. My boots are Trukk and are very warm and comfortable. Bibs are Arctiva R2000, also very warm and comfortable. Jacket is a Ski-Doo. Gloves by Ice Point. My girlfriend wears Ski-Doo bibs and a Cold Wave jacket. She's very cold blooded but gets along pretty good with what she wears. She has Cold Wave gloves. If money is an issue (which it was for me) I'd go with non snowmobile manufacture clothing. It's a lot more expensive and not necessarily better.
MXZX_800

Snow Clothes

Postby IndyT-cat » December 24th, 2001, 5:00 am

I use the modular helmet and love it. I just got an Arctiva V2 jacket and I also wear ski doo bibs, Rocky boots, and Cold Wave gloves. Remember to get warm clothes for your girlfriend if you want her to really enjoy the sport. There is nothing worse than than being 100+ miles from home and having her cold and miserable. If she's miserable, You'll be miserable, trust me, been there. Some dealers have a "used" rack of clothes in their showroom .
IndyT-cat

Snow Clothes

Postby Tantrum » December 29th, 2001, 2:28 am

Just picked up the Reima Worrior jacket. Fits nice and feels like it should be warm. Cant wait to try it.
Tantrum

Snow Clothes

Postby Maniac » December 29th, 2001, 2:34 am

I just bought Reima Viking gloves. I must say that they were worth every penny.
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

Snow Clothes

Postby NHcat » December 29th, 2001, 8:17 am

After 14 years of the same old worn out stuff I broke down and picked up some new gear.I looked all types over and went with Cold Wave bibs & jacket. One year later no regrets.
NHcat

Snow Clothes

Postby hugeair » December 29th, 2001, 8:43 am

Coldwave stuff is awesome. Expensive, but worth it. I have Coldwave jacket, pants and boots. Reima is a very close second. Can't go wrong with either.
hugeair

Snow Clothes

Postby Tantrum » December 31st, 2001, 4:15 am

Anyplace online to check out the Cold Wave gear?
Tantrum

Snow Clothes

Postby 89Indy500_sp » December 31st, 2001, 3:14 pm

coldwaves web site is http://www.coldwavesnowwear.com/ i recomend getting the fleace liner, it makes a nice addition on relly cold days. i were coldwave top to bottom, but my helmet is Gmax, Gmax is s**t if you were glasses. i may get a black ski-doo, or a polaris mod. helmet.
My 2003 REV 800 Sport... my baby
[img]http://www.dootalk.net/gallery/albums/album762/snonews.thumb.jpg[/img]
700 miles this season!
89Indy500_sp

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum