Subscribe Today

Did I set a Record!?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Did I set a Record!?

Postby It sleeps in the back yard » December 28th, 2001, 9:54 am

On my last run, I went about 250 Km on a set of plugs before they fouled! I ride A 94 Mach Z 780 that is in almost mint condition. I have heard the rotax tripples are hard on plugs. And yes they are BR10es plugs (NGK), other than re-jetting can you guy's offer any tips
Hey Thats not a low flying Cessna !!
Or is it?!
It sleeps in the back yard

Did I set a Record!?

Postby Maniac » December 29th, 2001, 1:13 am

Yeah. I have a 96 F-III and in three rides I've fouled 2 brand new plugs. Why don't you run BR9ES, thats what I run in my sled. I think I just need to scream this baby across a lake once I get the crank work done, then I think it'll stop fouling.
Try BR9ES, thet might last longer, and if you don't want to re-jet or lean your carbs out a bit I don't know what else you can do. Maybe just don't let it warm up as long.

*This Message was edited on 29-Dec-01 06:14 AM by Maniac*
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

Did I set a Record!?

Postby It sleeps in the back yard » December 29th, 2001, 10:07 am

Thanks Maniac, for the plug info but. Ihave had a few sets of BR9 go south on me also. I dont idle to much (execept waitng for my budds to catch up) but our trails are slow going, and I wonder if the lower rpms are helping to cause my problem. In the trails I run at about 4500-5000 at about 35 to 40 kmh, any faster and we would be in the bush!!

I THINK YOU HOLD THE RECORD!!!

*This Message was edited on 29-Dec-01 03:35 PM by It sleeps in the back yard*
Or is it?!

Did I set a Record!?

Postby waitingforsnow » December 29th, 2001, 11:49 pm

My buddy had the 780 mach and a formula III 600, and fouled the plugs everytime were we in slow going. If we ran over 40 mph he was O.K. but any slower and he fouled a plug every 10 miles. He traded to the 700 triple mach 1, but you should adjust your jetting and run hot plugs for the slower running. Only problem is when you get the chance to open her up; you better be careful.

2 cents worth.
waitingforsnow

Did I set a Record!?

Postby 580440 » December 31st, 2001, 12:30 pm

Try br8es's they are hotter than 9's. In NGK plugs the smaller the number the hotter spark.
brad willemsen

Did I set a Record!?

Postby ZR800XC » January 1st, 2002, 3:36 am

don't run br8es spark plugs in a skidoo triple, they won't dissapate the heat enough....and we all know what happens then

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

Did I set a Record!?

Postby mxzmill151 » January 1st, 2002, 7:36 am

try br9ev's, same heat range, they seem to burn cleaner
mxzmill151

Did I set a Record!?

Postby thekrust » January 1st, 2002, 8:19 pm

You suffer from slow ride syndrome. Put in 2 sizes smaller pilot jets and check the adjustment on your oil pump. When you take up the slack on the throttle lever the marks on the oil pump should just line up. If the oil pump marks are aligned with the throttle completely relaxed it's too much oil. Also run br9 plugs, 10's are too cold and 8,s are begging to replace a piston. good luck
Ride on!
thekrust

Did I set a Record!?

Postby It sleeps in the back yard » January 3rd, 2002, 6:39 am

To all those who have replied:

I thank you for your helpfull info & tips, but I am now back at square one. With a re-build currently in process, I'm still scrathing my head.
but it shall run again.
Or is it?!

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum