Subscribe Today

Snowmobiler Hater

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Snowmobiler Hater

Postby ZR800XC » February 4th, 2002, 11:32 am

I was riding north out of Seney Michigan where the trail uses a plowed dirt road for a ways. I was second when we came to a group of cars parked on the other side of the road and an oncoming pickup with a "V" plow on the front. We stayed far to the right and slowed way down to let the dust settle for the rest of our group behind us. The pickup tried going inbetween us and the parked cars...he had plenty of room but still decided to swerve at the guy in the lead and then at me, he forced me up into the snowbank with the plow. (he didn't touch my sled, just trapped me) I tried to be very courtious with him, he obviously thought the right of way belonged to him because he was a full sized vehicle, but it did not, it belonged to me because my side of the road was unobstructed. Anyway, I'll spare you the details as to what happened when he began to yell and make threats....Just watch out for people like this. He could have very well hit me with his plow causing major damage to the sled and me. Had it have been an inexperienced rider and paniced when seeing the plow coming at them and not bailing up into the snowbank, there could have been some serious damage sustained to the sled and rider. It's people like this that run back into town and say that we, the snowmobilers, created this problem. When it was really this ignorant bastard himself that was uncourtious to the people that support the UP in the winter. Just had to let people know this, as I'm sure it happens all the time with people who don't respect the sport.......Nobody said they had to like us, but run us off the road, shoot off at the mouth, make threats............ WHY????

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

Snowmobiler Hater

Postby Mainecat » February 4th, 2002, 11:43 am

Because they are turds ZR
Mainecat

Snowmobiler Hater

Postby zr800newyork » February 4th, 2002, 3:00 pm

..why?..low IQ, inferiority complexes, need for power, rotten childhoods, poor sense of humor, narrow band of experiences, cultural deprevation, that's just a few excuses for the goons...
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Snowmobiler Hater

Postby T_Cat » February 4th, 2002, 11:40 pm

Wow either your a shrink or you have seen one to know all those different causes! LMAO..
T_Cat

Snowmobiler Hater

Postby lyle7289 » February 5th, 2002, 12:28 pm

IGNORANT PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!
lyle7289

Snowmobiler Hater

Postby redracer111 » February 5th, 2002, 2:11 pm

I had a similar experience earlier this season. Me and buddy of mine had just turned on a seasonal town road (closed during the winter) when there was two pick-up trucks side by side plowing the road. This was at about 9:00 PM on a Friday night in a snowstorm. Between the snow coming down and the snow flowing over the plow the truck lights were not visible from 20 feet away. The both of us were forced off the road because neither truck would even slow down. If we had been a few minutes earlier at least one sled would have been hit and at least one of us hurt. Get this the same guy that was plowing the road earlier this fall was hired by the local snowmobile club to help set some beams for a bridge. At the end of the day he handed them a bill for over $4000, but that is another story.

BTW this guy has no reason to plow the road. He doesn't have land or a camp on it, and there is a faster, safer, smother way around this twisting winding woods road.
redracer111

Snowmobiler Hater

Postby CheeseSledder » February 15th, 2002, 5:13 am

You found a redneck Azzhole, they are common all over the world but more prevalent in the areas snowmobilers frequent. The IQ level is not sufficient to reason with, so you should have yanked him out of his truck and pounded him sensless. Then you should have driven his truck over the snowbank and buried it in the ditch so he could spend the rest of the night digging out.
[blue]Yup, I seen dem Ely boys smokin crack over dere in da Bdubber, an one of em was whackin it. [/blue]:B
CheeseSledder

Snowmobiler Hater

Postby SLEDHEADRED » February 16th, 2002, 12:26 am

I would have taken down a plate number and contacted the local STATE police agency, this is not something that should be taken lightly, if someone with a plow swerves at you, that is a crime, I ran a stop sign once, with the plow on and the cop gave me all sorts of hell, as the plow is considered a dangerous weapon...
But back to this story, ask any cop about this and im sure he would tell yo the same, and if you have witnesses to this, then it isnt me against you then, its you against us!
I hope this never happens to me, if someone intentionally swerved at me, I with the group im riding with, would probably give that guy 3 yards of sh!t.But we would definately call the boys with the badges!!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Snowmobiler Hater

Postby snogoer7c » February 16th, 2002, 10:41 am

hey, dont forget the inbred hicks
when hell freezes over, i'll snowmobile there too.
snogoer7c

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum