Subscribe Today

Polaris XLT Limited SPeed Problem....

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby fortresss » February 7th, 2002, 2:02 am

Hi!!! I have already posted about this problem. My sled only reach 85 Mph. Now that i have checked all the thing, CLutch, Driven Clutch, Carbs, COmpression, track tension, and all parts are in very good conditions. Where my 10 Mph???? I have a gearing of 22/41 but i dont think its the problem.... Almost all people say i should reach minimum 90 Mph, but my sled cant. SO where i lost my Speed????? Any idea.
fortresss

Postby polarisman415 » February 7th, 2002, 6:46 am

Did you stud it or put a bigger lugged track??? That tends to slow down sleds a bit
The XCR800 Kicks ass
polarisman415

Postby PURPLE Z » February 7th, 2002, 9:34 am

how is your hyfax? is the track too tight?
PURPLE Z

Postby GlennXC » February 7th, 2002, 9:36 am

How warm is it? With stock jetting which is -20 to 10 degrees, it will run very fat if its much over twenty. I had a 97 XC 600(XLT motor) and it would only do like 80 maybe 85 if it was like 35 or 40 degrees. Once when it was below 0 I hit 111 MPH(by speedo, not saying its accurate). So, if you rejet going by Polaris' chart, you will definitely gain some performance. My 97 used to foul plugs and have very bad throttle response. Now my 99 XC 700 is jetted for 10-40 degrees and she runs awesome. Perfect card board brown plugs, instant throttle response and no bog at all. I've run it as 15 below zero and had no problems. Rejet and I guarantee you could hit at least 90.
GlennXC

Postby fortresss » February 7th, 2002, 11:20 am

Hi! No, my track is not too Tight. I have try to losen the track as much i can and no change on top Speed. For the other Thing, the sled is totally stock, He is like he was when sell by the dealer. Jetting is not dangerous when you run in the wrong temperature Range???. (Im not an expert)
fortresss

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum