Subscribe Today

What should I bring

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

What should I bring

Postby Tantrum » February 8th, 2002, 5:08 am

Ok just booked a cabin in Pittsburgh NH. Im taking my girlfriend who is new to the sport. Help me make sure I dont forget to bring something so that she has a good time and will want to come back. No need to offer any advice for "late night cabin play", this deviant mind always covers that and she always comes back.
Tantrum

What should I bring

Postby mtntank » February 10th, 2002, 5:57 am

Tantrum, Do you have a 2up sled? Do you have a sled for her to ride herself? If she rides on the back of a 1up sled she wont want to go again.Your not supposed to anyways.Just my 2 cents have fun.lol
mtntank

What should I bring

Postby Tantrum » February 11th, 2002, 12:00 am

I got the warm thing covered I believe. Thats right in there with making sure she eats. I made that mistake a few years back. Had a girl with me that didnt eat breakfast (I dont know) the riding was sooo good we forgot about lunch. Man did I get the rath of that 10 hours later.
She will be riding her own ('02 600Edge). I had her out a few weeks ago and she did great.
What about riding into Canada? ID's, permits, ect?
Tantrum

What should I bring

Postby Mainecat » February 11th, 2002, 12:52 am

Your gonna need a drivers license to get into Canada also a trail pass. You will have to purchase the pass at the first clubhouse you pass after you enter Canada. Don't be stupid at the crossing be polite and DONT have any alcohol or other illegal stuff. Also if you have a OUI on your record they will NOT let you in! Be honest. If you come to Maine you will need to register now. No more reciprocy. Both should have valid drivers licenses with you at all times anyway. Just got 6" of snow on 2/10 in the Rangeley area. Trails should be great. They were before the snow. Have fun and ride right.
Mainecat

What should I bring

Postby BLADEGUY » February 11th, 2002, 9:02 am

If you ride a 2-up, make sure not to hit any big bumps. They hurt 10 times as much on the back. Stop to pee and warm up a lot. Don't go for a high mile day. Try to get going early (unless she is not a morning person) and get back before too late because when you head back the trail will probably have turned to cra# and be full of moguls, making for a ride from hell home. Allow time and plan for this. Take your time. Set a slow pace and let her work up to speed slowly. Better to head in a little too early than a little to late. Don't get caught far away with a rough ride home when your tired. Have the standard stuff like tow rope, etc. Stop a lot, make sure she is OK. Don't get too far ahead. Try to make it the best experience you can, so she has a wonderful time. It might not be the best for you, but if she digs it, the pace and miles can be picked up a little the next time - but not too much and not to many. Ease her into it. Most women never ride like men. When you want to rock, leave her at home.
I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.
BLADEGUY

What should I bring

Postby BLADEGUY » February 11th, 2002, 9:03 am

P.S. If you are going up or down a big hill, if she freaks out, you may need to ride the sled up or down for her. Do this without complaining. Eventually she will do it herself.
BLADEGUY

What should I bring

Postby Cat Addict » February 17th, 2002, 1:47 pm

Ok, Ok, so you have some good advice, but you are offending me with your additude towards women riders! Not only have I been riding since I was little- but I've Never been left behind!!! Oh, and Tantrum- take their advice- keep her warm and you should have a good time!
[img]http://userweb.suscom.net/~cataddict/CatWoman.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/images/smilies/kick.gif[/img][b][i][green]Green Rules!![/b][/i][/green]
Cat Addict

What should I bring

Postby Tantrum » February 20th, 2002, 4:18 am

Much thanks for the idea's / reminders. We are off this Friday and Ill let you know how it goes.
Thanx Again
Tantrum

What should I bring

Postby BLADEGUY » February 20th, 2002, 1:32 pm

make sure she brings a good sports bra - especially if she is well endowed. The bouncing around can be painful I guess (so I'm told by my girlfriend).
BLADEGUY

Next

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum