Subscribe Today

Trails this past weekend?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby 02mxz700 » February 10th, 2002, 7:22 am

If anyone went to Old Forge/Tug Hill/Big Moose, this weekend how were the trails? My wife and I are headin up for a week long vacation and looking forward to seeing some snow since it doesn't look like this part of NY is ever going to see anything but frost and rain...
02mxz700

Postby IndyRed » February 11th, 2002, 3:27 am

Check out absolutesnowmobile.com, this is a great site that updates trail conditions in that area on a regular basis.
IndyRed

Postby Kirky D » February 11th, 2002, 3:53 am

Rode Saturday early morning from Barnes Corners > Brantingham > Stillwater > Beaver River > Big Moose and then up by Cranberry Lake and back. 227 mile loop and most of it was good (well except the Tug Hill part coming back because it was destroyed again during the day). There is snow lacking in the low part between the hill and Brantingham, but other then that it was some good riding. I imagine Sunday put a beating on most of everything that was marginal on Sat. Should be good this week though.
Kirky D
Kirky D

Postby zr800newyork » February 14th, 2002, 5:27 pm

Indyred is right absolutesnowmobile.com knows the truth- he rides all the time...Brantingham to Stillwater is EXCELLENT. now you don't hear that word often at all about our trails- Today Thurs. beautiful...watch out for near 40 tomorrow and rain turning to snow...we all hope...
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum