Subscribe Today

How many show up on Tug Hill??

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby zr800newyork » February 18th, 2002, 3:42 pm

It seems hard for some to believe just how many sleds come to the hill, and beat up all the grooming efforts. Here's a little proof.The Lewis County Sheriffs's dept. patrol checked 1223 sleds! Now they don't just sit at a busy intersection all day they move around and may have a couple of patrols maybe 3 going on? If they checked over 1200 in Lewis county alone how many were on the whole system easily 6-10 thousand. 51 tickets or 4% received citations- 9 unregistered, 11 uninsured, 2 w/o numbers displayed and 24 imprudent speed,and one reckless operation and three on cloased roads and ONE for operating two abreast...that last offense has me curious??????? 96% of the sledders are doing ok...
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Postby Fox click » February 18th, 2002, 8:33 pm

How many out of staters? we got the only snow east of the rockies
Fox click

Postby IndyRed » February 19th, 2002, 3:47 am

I was one of the 1200 stopped this weekend on Tug Hill and was happy for the check. I got the feeling it was more of a smell your breath check, and thats ok with me. (Of course I wasn't happy when I realized I had left my reg/ins info home!)
Believe me it won't happen again...............
IndyRed

Postby mangle919 » February 20th, 2002, 1:29 pm

Unfortunatly i haven't been up there as much as i'd like to be due to the unfortunate snow conditions off of the hill, i'm located toward watertown outside of copenhagen and i've been having trouble getting to the trails, i've ridden about 2thousand miles between this winter and last and I haven't been stoped yet up there, seen them quite often but never stoped.

A couple weeks ago some crazy was was running from the cops with a beer in his hand and his helmet in his lap, saw the cops later on and they said they couldn't chase him because he was forcing other people off of the trail as he was trying to run.
mangle919

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum