Subscribe Today

Decal Removal

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Decal Removal

Postby WallaceMXZ » February 27th, 2002, 2:21 pm

I just repaired my sled in October of 2001, repainted and put on all new decals on hood. I have a 2000 MXZ700, it has a lot of decals. The best and easiest without any damage to the paint at all is, go to a store that sells supplies to auto body shops and ask if they have a, it is a round piece of rubber on a stem, similar to what might fit into a drill chuck. It is a one piece tool. Put it into your drill in forward or reverse, forward works best I think. The rubber piece is about 3 to 4 inches in diameter and about 1/2 inch thick, and is molded around a 1/4 inch shank. This is the easiest. I would say this took me about a 1/2 hour to 45min. No lie. All you do is rub the rubber disk on the decal in a up and down motion. They come right off. When all the decals are off, just blow off with air or wipe rubber debri off hood with cloth. Do not waste time with hair dryers or heat gun, because they can melt the paint, then you have to repaint hood. Trust me on this, this is simple, if you can find the tool. I have one, I work at a Chevrolet Dealer in Plymouth Wisconsin. I use it often for removing double sided tape for body moldings, as well as dealership logos they put on the back of cars to tell where they were bought from. I will see if i can get a part number and who makes it and email it to you, so send me your email address. Here is mine, WallaceMXZ@aol.com. this is the only way, without busting your balls. LOL
Steve
WallaceMXZ

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum