Subscribe Today

96 skidoo f3 has me puzzled

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby speednutt » February 21st, 2002, 11:56 am

finally got er figured out. of all things, it was as open choke curcuit. go figure, the choke plunger was coroded in the engaged position (up) and was allowing the engine to suck raw fuel all the while. now she runs like she is supposed to. now it is worth more than the $500.00 i paid for it.

thanks for all of your advice and suggestions. with this kind of communication, snowmobilers will be around for many years to come.

thanks again.
[url]www.cmsaracing.com[/url]
[img]http://www.cmsaracing.com/images/logoweb1.jpg[/img]
speednutt

Postby It sleeps in the back yard » February 22nd, 2002, 7:23 am

Glad to hear you got it figured out.
But.... have you got enough snow to enjoy it?
Hey Thats not a low flying Cessna !!
Or is it?!
It sleeps in the back yard

Postby Maniac » February 22nd, 2002, 7:44 am

Good to hear you got 'er fixed. This board is great for troubleshooting. I've got the same sled as you, except for some upgrades I did to it. I think you'll find it quite fun!
Hope it lasts you.
I WARN YOU THOUGH!
You got a good deal so go and get the crank work done on it before you lose all of your money! If you don't know what I'm talking about let me know, otherwise your engine is at risk of some serious damage.
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

Postby skidoorider » March 1st, 2002, 8:37 am

Have you pulled off the exhaust manifold and peaked at the piston. Good compression is not always a sign that everything is OK in the cylinder. Sorry I didn't reply sooner,but I only recently got the internet.Let me know how you make out.
2007 Jayco 29BHS
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
skidoorider

Postby Chip » March 4th, 2002, 4:59 am

I used to own one. This may be of help, or at least something to look. My '96 once had the choke stick on one of the carbs (don't recall which one) and would only run on two cylinders. Thank goodness it was a triple since I was able to get back to the trailer on 2 cylinders. I didn't know what was up until I took it in to the dealer and they found out what the problem was, re-adjusted it and worked great after that.
Chip

Postby Chip » March 4th, 2002, 5:02 am

Ooops. Just figured out that you had got it figured out and ended up being the same problem I had. I guess I should have read the second page of threads before responding or found this thread earlier and saved you some hassle.
Chip

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum