Subscribe Today

Changing the Bellows in my Rave Valve

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby Maniac » February 23rd, 2002, 7:54 am

Got black junk dripping on my center cylinder pipe header and the red screw is turning black. Sounds like my first hole in the bellows if I'm not mistaken.
What I want to know is, can I just take the spring off of the bellows, screw it off and just screw another one on without having to ruin my new gaskets that I put on about a month ago?
And if I turn the red caps in all of the way, will that still allow my exhaust port to open as wide as it can when I am W.F.O?
I figure if they were in all of the way, that would allow smaller exhaust port at slow speed which equals max power and then they could just open up as I honk on her, right?

Thanks to anyone that can help.
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

Postby It sleeps in the back yard » February 24th, 2002, 5:59 am

oooooooohhh..... If I remember right you can change to bellows with out any teardown. but I dont konw about adjustments. hope it helps.
Hey Thats not a low flying Cessna !!
Or is it?!
It sleeps in the back yard

Postby thekrust » February 25th, 2002, 7:37 pm

Cranked in all the way is the right answer. The springs are just small, the valves will open all the way. You can change the bellows without removing the valve.
Ride on!
thekrust

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum