Subscribe Today

Formula 3 seized motor

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Formula 3 seized motor

Postby Bernie K » March 5th, 2002, 7:14 am

Thanks Speednut.You have been a big help.

Do you know anything about them cylinders, as far as honing or boring? Cast iron? Nikasil?

Bernie K
Bernie K

Formula 3 seized motor

Postby speednutt » March 5th, 2002, 10:01 am

i beleive your cylinders are nicasil. you arent able to hone them very much. the nicasil coating is only about 4-8 thousanths thick. if you have really bad scrapes you can have yours recoated. if not to bad it will cost about $150.00 and i recommend Millenium performance out of Plymouth WI (i beleive). i had these guys fix a couple of my cylinders last year for my mxzx and they came back looking better than brand new. i have over 2000 miles on them and they still look great. These guys do cylinders for PSI Perf. and the like.

if you just have some aluminum on your cylinder from your piston you can just purchase some muratic acid from the local hardware store and apply it with a Q-tip and the aluminum will just drip right off that nicasil. Warning:::: the vapor from the chemical reaction between the aluminum and acid is very strong. make sure you are in a well ventilated area like your garage with the big doors open.

hope this helps.

speednut
[url]www.cmsaracing.com[/url]
[img]http://www.cmsaracing.com/images/logoweb1.jpg[/img]
speednutt

Formula 3 seized motor

Postby Bernie K » March 6th, 2002, 12:47 am

Thanks again Speednut, you have been a major help!
I am going to pull the other cylinders off today to look for damage. The one I have off now is minorly damaged like you said. I have got some acid here. I will try your trick.

Thank You!!

Bernie K
Bernie K

Formula 3 seized motor

Postby It sleeps in the back yard » March 6th, 2002, 7:13 am

No there isnt much snow here anymore, you must have been in "the Narrows" before the warm spell. If I dont get my lawn ornament to the garage soon the lil women might plant flowers around it. lol

P.S. just a guess... were you crappie fishing?

*This Message was edited on 06-Mar-02 12:17 PM by It sleeps in the back yard*
Hey Thats not a low flying Cessna !!
Or is it?!
It sleeps in the back yard

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum