Subscribe Today

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby mtntank » August 29th, 2002, 9:42 am

Over this past week i talked with a couple of guys from town that bought rx1s.They proceeded to tell me i need to "wake up" and think about getting one for the "good of the sport".To make a long story short.they say The tree huggers dont like my 2 stroke.That im now resposible for the problems in our sport.Blah,Blah,Blah you know the story.I have been sledding since 69 and have fought for sledders rights many times.If this high and mighty attitude isnt bad for our sport i dont know what is.If we dont stick together no matter what our sled of choice this sport is doomed.I see the conflict on these boards as well.I only hope we stick together as sledders. OK im done now lol. This was not a bash against the rx1 either.
mtntank

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby yukon corneilius » August 29th, 2002, 9:53 am

i agree whole heartedly, but maybe the trash page wasn't a good spot to put a post about sticking together (ha ha).
yukon corneilius

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby PolarisIndy » August 29th, 2002, 10:44 am

They are DREAMING if they actually believe that 4 bangers will make the tree hugging granola munchers happy...

They want snowmobiles BANNED!!!! They don't care what kind of motor it has... They give ATV's a hard time as much as sleds, and the majority of ATV's are 4 strokes....
PolarisIndy

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby Ridblu » August 29th, 2002, 12:15 pm

Where I live, Madison - WI (capital of tree huggerville) they wouldn't even know the difference between 2 and 4 stroke. They don't even know what a spark plug is!! All they know is that if it runs on gas, its a no - no. They prefer to bike (pedal) or sail.

I really need to move!
Ridblu

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby SLEDHEADRED » August 29th, 2002, 9:20 pm

You know what is funny, all these tree huggers show up in buses, and such.
Out onthe water, they ride aorund in boats.
If that aint calling the kettle black, I dont know what is.......
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby Moondoggy » August 30th, 2002, 1:21 am

The big argument the Greenies have is emissions. It becomes null when a sled puts out the same exhaust as a car, and they drive their car to go on the one hike they make every year (as to keep their Greenie status).
Face it, if the RX-1 performs moderately and is better for the environment, a guy would have to be pretty thick headed not to at least support the direction the industry it taking.

Moondoggy
Moondoggy

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby Low Blue » August 30th, 2002, 1:32 am

This is no different than hunters v. anti's. Hunters hurt themselves with infighting and pointing fingers at different groups and organizations within the hunting community. If they all united and fought the common enemy instead of each other their would not be much worry of losing your favorite sport, pastime, be it snowmobiling, hunting, fishing, offroading, atving, whatever.
Low Blue

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby PolarisIndy » August 30th, 2002, 2:05 am

Moondoggy, why are they closing land to ATV's and Jeeps/ORV's then? I've never heard of a 2 stroke Jeep... I'm not arguing that 4 stroke isn't good for the industry, to get rid of one of their big (if not the biggest) arguments.... But if you believe 4 strokes will get them off our backs for good, like I said before you are dreaming....
PolarisIndy

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby RotaxGuy » August 30th, 2002, 2:42 am

You could build a sled with zero emmissions (impossible) and they would still argue that you're bothering the wildlife and/or harming the floor of Mother Earth... These people are just flat out against any type of off-road motorized recreation. But hey, they do provide some real good humor - it's just too bad for us that they have a lot of numbers on their side and (hate to say it) they're pretty bright about furthering their agenda.
RotaxGuy

HOUSE DIVIDED!!!!!!!

Postby hugeair » August 30th, 2002, 3:18 am

PolarisIndy and Rotax guy are 100% correct.

I hope I don't run into any RX-1 guys who are all of a sudden pointing at me, saying I'm at fault because I don't ride a 4 stroke. I know that it would lead to a huge argument, because I would not be able to keep my mouth shut. It would take a real a-hole to act like that.
hugeair

Next

Return to Trash Talkers