Subscribe Today

Polaris 440 Sno-X Sled

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Polaris 440 Sno-X Sled

Postby cementhead » October 27th, 2002, 10:56 am

polaris may have changed the front geometry, but there is a reason everyone is moving away from the trailing arm suspension for the sno-x sleds, the a arms must work better. I think the new polaris team of Tate and Eckstrom will be the ones to lead polaris if any one is going to.

Cementhead
Shut up and Race!!!
cementhead

Polaris 440 Sno-X Sled

Postby Dunior » October 27th, 2002, 2:44 pm

01 MXZ are you like these guys best friends or what? I get a kick out of people who get on here and imply they have a clue as to what a person is going to do with there career. I bet you knew that DJ and Tate would never go to Polaris, actually I never thought DJ would leave SD, they made a good move and I can't wait to see what they do this year. I am really curious to see how the mod sled does. No one really knows much about it as of yet. Morgan actually has talked more about Motocross as a future than anything else and so has Tucker. Who knows??? My crystal ball is cracked. LOL ;) Polaris stayed with the trailing arm which is far more durable than the a arms so far, and in looking at the REV front end and seeing alot of Cats break thier front ends, durability is a issue. The pro's they don't hit much, the rest of us well we have a tendency to rub a little more, and it would make me nerveous to have that front suspension really unprotected. That would be my biggest concern with the REV plastic. It's a cool looking sled and Ski Doo makes a good product, I used to race them and had good results. I just prefer Polaris right now. They run a great program, treat ALL thier racers with alot of respect and will lend a helping hand even to the sport guys. I was completely caught off guard last year when approaching the Polaris trailer and getting the reception and assistance that they offered. I was helped beyond what I had ever hoped for, I was just another racer to them, not a pro, not a novice, just a racer, and I saw them treating everyone with the same respect. I have been around racing since 1974 and I have never seen such a race support program for EVERYONE!! Polaris may get ripped on for the Bold New Graphics thing, oh well!! And they may not have spent all kinds of money on new plastic for the 2003 although after looking at the chassis they could have put a more "stealth" belly pan and hood which I guess whould have been senseless in my opinion. I like the protection the wider plastic gives and I am curious as to how many durability problems there will be with the plastic not offering much protection on the REV. And again no protection for those A Arms. Guess will see what the season brings. I don't think any one sled will dominate but I guess well soon find out. Best of luck no matter what you drive.

*This Message was edited on 27-Oct-02 07:58 PM by dunior*
Polaris, because I don't like to work on my sled, but I do sure like to beat on them.
Dunior

Polaris 440 Sno-X Sled

Postby '01 MXZ 800 » October 27th, 2002, 11:13 pm

To be totally honest with you Dunior,I could give 2 $hits about Snocross! I just believe that since the R.E.V. has been out for over a year,and the teams have had time to fine tune it that it should ba a lot more successful this year! As far as Morgan going to Dirtbikes,I think he'd be better off staying right where he is! He's no spring chicken compared to most other guys in Supercross and that's a totally different kind of sport and riding all together! If Tucker is Smart,and I think he probabally is(all except for the fact that he still rides a P.O.S.)he'll go Ski-Doo next year! As far as Polarass bring out their new technology Racer, All they are waiting for is the BOLD NEW POLARIS GRAPHICS DESIGNED TO FIT ON THE R.E.V. Go Ahead and sit there and tell me how the back half of their new sled looks nothing like the R.E.V.'s. I bet You $100 their next one looks like the R.E.V.& F-7 combined only with BOLDER NEW GRAPHICS! Face it Polaris is falling behind all the others when it comes to new technology! I hope they can pick things up and turn them around! You know what I'm saying? Especially since Polaris is a TOTALLY AMERICAN MADE CO.
'01 MXZ 800

Polaris 440 Sno-X Sled

Postby 7up Yours » October 28th, 2002, 1:52 am

I just thought I would point out my sources indicate Polaris will put out a double wishbone front end, soon. It is not clear if it is the open sledz for WSA, or if it is sometime in 2004. So, if IFS is so much more durable then wishbones, why would Polaris go to them? Dunior, I should also mention being in the pits at a race, everyone is on the same team.....Until the flag drops. When I was pitting, I would always help the guys, no matter what they drive. And the funny thing is they would help us too. No Trashing......Amazing isn't it? We should also realize we have not seem the Cat yet. They have been really quiet about the soon-to-be unveiled race sled. I really thing something big is going to happen. I mean something way bigger then BNG.
Make 7........Up Yours.
7up Yours

Polaris 440 Sno-X Sled

Postby bbartels » October 28th, 2002, 1:57 am

Why do we do this every week??? What new technology is Polaris missing out on??? plastic molds?? Trailing arms vs. A arms?? There is no advantage between the two! I know you are going to say weight but there is also a strength question that needs to be answered! Look at how close the MX chassis was to the ProX chassis and they had no problem keeping up with the Aarms. Its all about the rider we talk about this all the time, all the sleds are competitive to each other! Look at Motocross, how much change has there been to their chassis's? Only graphics there! I do say that Tate has a good chance to finish right with Tucker and Morgan, he had a great last year and I look for him to have another good year!
bbartels

Polaris 440 Sno-X Sled

Postby 7up Yours » October 28th, 2002, 4:46 am

Yes, Yes, Yes.....I agree that the rider is way more than the sled. I have said that for years. But I really do not feel the sleds are always compairable to each other. Yes they are competitive, but these sleds offer a look into what all sleds can do. Take 1997. Polaris built their first VES engine. Cat was left in the dust. But what about Doo? They have had VES since 1989. How about 2000? Polaris and Ski-doo didn't do to much, but Cat offered EPTS. All of these features have found their way to the sleds we ride now. I really think thats what is all about. Seeing what is to come. Each year one manufacturer comes with something new. And the evolution of sleds unfolds in front of us. So would Blair Morgan on board a 1999 MXZX 440, beat Tucker Hibbert who was on a 2003 ZR 440 Sno-Pro? Think what you want, but the 2000 x games already tested this question. Tucker won on a sled that was "testing" the ideas that would eventually go into the firecat's. And that is why it is important to me.
Make 7........Up Yours.
7up Yours

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers