Subscribe Today

The over 50 crowd

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

The over 50 crowd

Postby Long time cat man » March 6th, 2003, 1:48 am

Just to let you old folks out there know that there were just 3 of us on the Trasher ride over 50. T.S. from Tughill, m10's mom, and myself. Where the hell are the rest of the over 50 riders? These young guys (and girls)good looking girls I might add- take pretty good care of us old folk. When we were coming back at nite and my shield wouldn't clear up, they kept track of me and made sure I was still around. I had no problem keeping up when I could see, but sure couldn't keep up with their B.S. Maybe next time, we can get some more of you old folks to come along!
Long time cat man

The over 50 crowd

Postby zr800newyork » March 6th, 2003, 2:15 am

Come on Catman did you really beleive me when I told you I was 65? You didn't have any trouble puttin' that sharp lookin triple up front!! Get those youngster on Tug Hill and my home turf and we'll see how "challenged" they'll be....glad I got to ride with you........
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

The over 50 crowd

Postby Long time cat man » March 6th, 2003, 7:18 am

I'am gonna come to Tug Hill next year T.S., just so I can check your ID and see weather your initials should be T.S. or B.S. Had a great time with all the young-ins, you too! You and big Red are very intertaining. From what I was told, I better go out and get that light wt. ZR if I wanna ride Tug Hill. I'd get my %ss kicked with that big tank of mine out there.
Long time cat man

The over 50 crowd

Postby jefff1 » March 6th, 2003, 9:09 am

Old Cat Man...try an electric shield...they work great...you will need to see very well for Tug Hill...
Tom Kat
jefff1

The over 50 crowd

Postby Joe D. » March 6th, 2003, 9:13 am

Long time Cat man nice to know i am only the 4th oldest person on the ride, makes me feel young again. joeeee checking in at 47 years young (zr900)
Joe D.

The over 50 crowd

Postby OldCatRacer » March 6th, 2003, 10:20 am

I'll be 49 next season but I'm not an old 49. After watching the legends snowcross race at Eagle I think I could still stay in the top 5. Who knows. My uncle did'nt start riding sleds until he was 52 and bought the fastest Cat they had and could mix it up with all us kids back then.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

The over 50 crowd

Postby Tailgunner » March 6th, 2003, 11:31 am

Ya I,m back today[snowing to much I can,t see] I,m like stuck out west bringing up a young child[BABYGUNNER] so its kinda hard to get back east to ride with ya all!And I am past 50 looking at 60 and still putting on around 400 miles a week! By the way Babygunner,s starting to kick butt on her RMK!!!! POLARIS THE KING OF CLIMB&POWDER!! RULER OF THE STEEP-N-DEEP!!!
TAILGUNNER POLARIS RMK KING OF THE MOUNTIANS ON THIS PLANET
Tailgunner

The over 50 crowd

Postby Long time cat man » March 6th, 2003, 12:19 pm

Jefff1- I have a heated shield, but I either pulled a wire on it, or it was just too dam cold for it to keep up. Went to the dealer before we went out the next morning, but the lazy **stard said he couldn't spare a man to give me a 12 volt check.( how long does that take-30 seconds )
Joe D.- It was nice talking to ya there when we were waiting for the rest of the group- you have my sympathy for that long drive after driving to my sister's every year in Blairstown. I'd like to come out there and ride Vermont sometime before I get too dam old.
Oldcatracer- you should get a sled and come up and join us next year, nice people! Heck, I could fix you up with an AC, I got a few around here.
And tailgunner- Just too far away for you. I spent 10 weeks out your way in "69" at Ft. Lewis.
Long time cat man

The over 50 crowd

Postby RIGGS » March 6th, 2003, 1:23 pm

I spent the day riding with a crew of 15 Harley/Buell executives & dealers last month in Mercer, Wi. I was the youngest guy in the bunch @ 34 and on a souped-up SRX. These guys ranged in age from 42-65 and they could ride like they were 19! They all had hot sleds(nothing stock,RX-1's, SRX's, Pol.800's and a Blade)I "thought" I'd have to tone it down a notch, but found out I had to step it up a notch! Keep in mind they have all been on fast motors of some sort since they were 5 years old and can handle anything that was thrown at them. One guy won the Motorcycle Hill-Climb Championship when he was 62!
Your age will only slow you down if you allow it to. Never underestimate experience.
[url=http://community.webshots.com/user/trumannsdad]My web page[/url]
RIGGS

Return to Trash Talkers