Subscribe Today

FireCat Is A Flop/Failure Out West

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby M10rules » March 27th, 2003, 11:25 am

Where does Cat keep clasifying their 660 4 stroke as a performance sled?? I have yet to see them claim it as a performance model.

Tree, seen an RX-1 mountian on the trail and the owner was none to happy with it, it couldn't keep up and was real hard to get around corners. Guess that the RX-1s are a flop.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby Skidoo_Newf! » March 27th, 2003, 11:41 am

All I want to know is who the hell pizzed in Ed's cornflakes!!!!! Thats the most trashing hes done all year. Perhaps the Dark one will once again become a worthy adversary!
I may not have a sled right now but my office chair is modded to the max!!!!!
Skidoo_Newf!

Postby Burky » March 27th, 2003, 12:58 pm

I'll bet there aren't a lot of them out west. They are a short track sled, and unless someone out there put a long track and other parts on one, they aren't going to be very common. You can make the same argument out east if you want. No one must buy mountain sleds because I haven't seen a single one all season! All the guys I have read on Snowest that have or rode an F7 that they longtracked were happy with their sleds. Not quite as good in the mountains as some of the others because there is a very limited selection of tracks available in the narrow gauge, but no one complained about the power. I highly doubt it's considered a flop by any standard. It's just the same problem of "what I saw while riding" polls cropping up again. Nothing to see here folks, move along....
If you are in the ditch, upside down, and the sled's on top of you, you are doing something wrong.....
Burky

Postby NorthernSkunk » March 27th, 2003, 1:10 pm

Yamaha was the best racing this year as well. :)

Anybody ride the powderpuff way trewackr:):):)

Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Ropepuller » March 27th, 2003, 1:16 pm

Gawd Venom.....reading your posts makes my head hurt!!
[b]When in doubt.....whip it out[/b]
Ropepuller

Postby MM700 » March 27th, 2003, 2:00 pm

Hey Skunk...didn't the Rx-1 win the one and only class it raced in on the U.S.S.A. Oval circut????...Hmmmmm.....I better look that up...brb...lol
MM700

Postby Tailgunner » March 27th, 2003, 2:06 pm

Firecat yes I,ve seen them longtracked only thing is the paddles are only 1.25" and that don,t git it in the steep-n-deep out west!
POLARIS ROCK,N THE WORLD OF MOUNTIAN SMOWMOBILE,N ON THIS PLANET!!!WANT SOME COME GIT SOME!!!!
POLARIS KING OF CLIMB&POWDER!!!
TAILGUNNER POLARIS RMK KING OF THE MOUNTIANS ON THIS PLANET
Tailgunner

Postby deadsled » March 28th, 2003, 2:05 am

I get a kick out of guys comparing the RX-1 to AC's 660 turbo. The turbo is a luxury touring sled, of course it will be heavy. you don't see guys comparing the pro-x or sno-pros to the skidoo grand touring, do you? Compare the RX-1 to it's intended competition, the zr-900.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Postby Fat Cat » March 28th, 2003, 2:30 am

Hello Guy's,
The ONLY guys who complain about the F7 are people who have never rode one or can't afford to buy one! We have a Cat dealership in Westlock, home of Carl Kuster, who has taken a standard 2x136 track cut it down and put it under the stock skid. This thing rocks! As far as the RX 1 goes we were up against one of these tanks at the drags over the weekend and absolutley spanked it.The RX1 should be sold to our Canadian military and put on the Sea King helicopters we fly so that when the chopper goes down we can kill two birds with one stone and send all the twisted plastic and tin to the smelter at the same time. As far as the other brands go....bring em on! Our local Yamaha dealer is forever putting down Cat and he had to admit that everything on the track last weekend got SPANKED!!! Anyone up for a drag just bring cash!!!!! I like to make easy money!!!!
Fat Cat
Fat Cat

Postby psycho sledder » March 28th, 2003, 4:50 am

Why do you think its not sold as a mountain sled . Too narrow. DUH From the RX ive seen in the hills wacker there usually a laughing stock too. The 1M will clobber your RX junk and you knwo it so quit braggin it up.
psycho sledder

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers