Subscribe Today

hey whacker, this is how the rx-1 actually is

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby kawicat » April 15th, 2003, 1:54 am

from snowest,by rockstar. sounds like the rx-1 is a really fun mountain sled. i think i am going to buy one today.

Now that we all have a season behind us almost, let's give a report card to Yamaha on the RX-1 mt. and see if they listen. The following is my set of marks.

Power.. Grade D. Yamaha has told my dealer that the sled should not compete with 7's or 8's but is supposed to compete with 6's. Funny, it has more hp than most 2 stroke 8's and it's priced with the 8's and the ads said we'd beat our friends to the top. Yeah, if our friends ride 550 fans.

Cooling... Grade F. Yamaha has told us that the sled is not a trail sled and should not be driven on the trail or in low snow conditions. Funny too that the way to the powder is always up a trail and all the other guys are taking the trail and not overheating. Why no rear cooler? too much weight? ha. The only cooler that snow hits is the bulkhead cooler and it can't keep up on its own. Yamaha suggested ice scrathers.

Track tension... Grade D. Run the track to spec and it's too tight for performance. Run it any looser and it ratchets. The sled needed extroverts and they know it.

Mt Features... Grade F. This sled needs mt. skis. It needs an adjustable bar riser. It needs better traction on the running boards. It needs a rear rack! It needs bar hooks.

Engineering... Grade F. The exhaust rattles and always will because of the plate riveted to the tunnel. The carbs stave out on a climb or a decent. This is actually dangerous. Yamaha has new bowls for the carbs but you have to threaten them to get a set. I got mine yesterday APRIL 7th. The heaters reset to high? duh? Reset to low and use them IF you need them.

Weight... Grade F. What can you say? If the aftermarket can shave 75+ lbs., why build this sled so heavy? It is too heavy for the powder and handles as such. It dives like Jacques Cousteau.

Clutching...Grade F. Yamaha admits this. Above 8000 feet I can pull 10,500 and as soon as I jump into the powder the sled drops over 1000 rpms. They are working on a fix. This year is over, boys.

We have brought all of this to the attention of Yamaha Service and they said it was all perception. WTF? Is the antifreeze all over the place (when all other sleds in the group are cooling properly) perception. Track ratcheting, perception? RPM drop, perception? I don't think so.

I know of several dealers who are not ordering ANY '04 RX-1 mts. The only thing that explains that after last years record pre-sales is this... Yamaha over promised and under delivered. They fooled a lot of folks once and won't get the chance again.

Sort of as a side note. Yamaha touted resale as a reason to buy an RX-1. Well word got out. I know several folks who sold these $9,250 macines for just over $5K. Low miles, little used, w/options. This is the biggest beating in years. I suggest buying a used one and sending it to an aftermarket guy. Spent the $7K for a turbo and lightweight parts and then you can run with a $9,500 factory sled from the other 3 and you'll only have $12K invested... never mind.

My grade, as an owner, who had a crap sled, lost my a$$ on it, never got to enjoy it... Solid F.

Lets see some other grades posted buy owners. Good and bad.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Postby Mainecat » April 15th, 2003, 2:23 am

Sounds like a happy customer......wacker care to comment?
Mainecat

Postby mtntank » April 15th, 2003, 7:08 am

All i can say is HOLY CHIPS if this is true. lol
I really wanted this sled to perform for the yammi faithfull.Its a shame really.!!!
mtntank

Postby SkiLift » April 15th, 2003, 7:34 am

I am sure the Yamaha guys were rather pleased when reading this review considering it is better than most the other published reviews I've read on the RX-1 this year.
SkiLift

Postby bjk » April 15th, 2003, 12:34 pm

ya thats a lot better reveiw than I've heard from other 1ton owners.things are looking up for the yamigoons.
wrecking the planet one snow drift at a time.:R[green][/green]
bjk

Postby ZR800Racer » April 15th, 2003, 12:37 pm

Just ask whackers buddies, they will tell you that his RX1 is the greatest sled in the world and they only wish to hang with it!
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RyanG85/sig.jpg[/IMG]

2004 Arctic Cat F7 SnoPro
2003 Honda CRF450R
ZR800Racer

Postby kawicat » April 16th, 2003, 7:03 am

i know the truth hurts whacker, but you can't even respond, OUCH. i know a good place where you can get some help. go to a cat dealer and get the new 900 efi. hell go buy a polaris or skidoo, just get off that blue turd called a sled and get on something that will actually go through powder.
kawicat

Postby mtntank » April 16th, 2003, 8:11 am

Where is Wacker???????????????
mtntank

Postby pearson » April 16th, 2003, 9:53 am

From snownews.com 4\16\03 from some guy pearson, he writes---
ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,ARCTIC CAT SUCKS,
That must be true, Snowmobile news, Popular Mechanics and numerous other major publications are all wrong about the sled(RX-1), but this guy from from snowest is word of god, Get a life Kawicat, your broken record trash is really pathetic..

*This Message was edited on 16-Apr-03 02:56 PM by pearson*

*This Message was edited on 16-Apr-03 03:00 PM by pearson*
pearson

Postby kawicat » April 16th, 2003, 10:05 am

so you think the yamaha gospel of whacker is accurate?

nice trash pearson, are you in first grade too?

LMAO!
kawicat

Next

Return to Trash Talkers