Subscribe Today

Racing benifits RX- development.....

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby BANDITS SRX » April 24th, 2003, 11:44 am

NS, I was told they change the spindle because it help lower the sled( Better CG ). It also loss some weight and keeps the A-Arms level before the sus. moves. Also the rear sus was to help lower and reduce weight of the Sled. The Dealer told me that the RX-1 for 2004 has the same spindle at this time.
BANDITS SRX

Postby M10rules » April 24th, 2003, 11:47 am

The different skids and spindles were reliability issues. The skids and spindles were not holding up to racing in Alaska so the teams found ways to improve these features.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby BANDITS SRX » April 24th, 2003, 11:52 am

m10rules, look at P.J. Wanderscheid sled front and rear sus. NOT STOCK! I think they were breaking spindles so they changed them LOL!!!
BANDITS SRX

Postby p-ryde42 » April 24th, 2003, 2:02 pm

M10, the rear sus. worked fine but for oval racing there are other sus. that work better. the big plus is weight. The front sus. problem was from the set-up not the spindle. When you race you should build the sled to win just like P.J. did NS. If you race understand why you make changes when you can. M10 I find it hard to believe that you run stock front/rear sus. on your oval sled.
p-ryde42

Postby M10rules » April 24th, 2003, 2:15 pm

Front changes---adjustable lower A-Arm, spacers in shocks to lower front end

Rear changes---none known

pryde, have you ever been to the Soo-500 to even watch? Its not an eagle river style race where you run 20 laps at a time then go to a different class. These guys run all 500 miles non-stop except for Nascar style pitting. Sometimes stock is better. The track towards the end becomes a "Saturday night trail". There are changes done to the sled to meet the rules--rear tunnel enclousure. There are saftey changes--metal welded in to hold the A-Arms in place if the bolt breaks. And a metal plate welded in to adapt the motor.
M10rules

Postby NorthernSkunk » April 24th, 2003, 6:34 pm

I would like to watch that race live.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby BANDITS SRX » April 25th, 2003, 2:20 am

m10, ? , dont you lower the rear if you lower the front? Just for the balance factor?
BANDITS SRX

Postby M10rules » April 25th, 2003, 2:27 am

Keep full travel for late in the race. When the track gets real rough its less fatigue on the rider. Keep close until towards the end and then make your run.
M10rules

Postby maxiracer » April 25th, 2003, 3:42 am

You need to find a happy medium for that race, low ride height for qualifying and eary in the race yet enough travel to handle the bumps late in the race. I still believe we would have been a very competitive team if we had gotten in the field. Our sled handled bumps well and was fairly stout on the straights. We just missed having a good qualifying set-up. Maybe a little better driver would have helped...:o
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby BANDITS SRX » April 25th, 2003, 4:02 am

maxi, good post. That makes the most sense. But you do not lower the front only is my point with M10. Some of it's a quess were the track will be at the end. The same is ture for sprint racing to a smaller degree.
I think that next year both your rev and the RX-1 will more competitive because they were new models and you need time to see what works.
BANDITS SRX

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers