Subscribe Today

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love th

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love this mainecat....

Postby MM700 » August 18th, 2003, 6:11 am

Mainecat...How many times have I said....longer wheeler base, better ride....I NEVER SAID IT WOULD HANDLE BETTER!!!!....but it will ride better...there is no way an RX-1 is gonna rail through coners like an srx.....but unless you are going over 60 mph through coners in the woods...you will have no problem with the handling of an Rx-1.....and if you ride that way...(highspeed on wooded trails)..then you are an idiot....and I pray you don't wreck into a family out enjoying themselves....and yes for the most part, when we have snow...northern wisconsin can have some incredibly smooth trails that are normally groomed very well....however some sunday trails can make you puke your kidneys...I don't care what brand you are on.....but I will take a long track on those rough days everytime...they ride much better...like comparing a Suburban to a blazer.
MM700

Postby NorthernSkunk » August 18th, 2003, 6:34 am

MM your description of where an how the rx-1 works an doesn't work sounds like the beginning of an ad campaign for riders over 75 years of age.

An as for the soo or the Iron-Dog yamaha better get that win in soon before they actually have to race sleds of equal cc's.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby MM700 » August 18th, 2003, 7:08 am

(Didn't think Skunk was this dumb....is suprised):o.....guess Skunk never watched Motocross.......(same cc thing..4 stroke vs two stroke)..How come the rest of the world gets it...but the CAT riders don't....:R
MM700

Postby Luv2sled » August 18th, 2003, 7:20 am

MM700........my best friend traded his ZR800 in on a warrior....he rode an SX before he bought the ZR so maybe he don't count. I'll tell you all about them when the snow flies.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby maxiracer » August 18th, 2003, 7:31 am

Bryan, I think your going to see the cc rules change before long.
I know 2S are being phased out, but the dominence by the 450cc mxers against 250 is almost ridiculus. The RX-1's at the Soo smoked down the straights, they had the same hp stock as a mod 600 twin. That's just too big a advantage, just to overcome the weight disadvantage. I think a 150cc advantage should be sufficent. Make the 4s multis spend some cash on motors too. It's only fair....
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby NorthernSkunk » August 18th, 2003, 7:41 am

Explain why an how they allow the 4 strokes to race against 2 strokes in moto-x to snowmobile racing for me mm, please. All I have been told so far is that it takes twice as many cc's in a 4-stroke to make the same HP as a 2-stroke. But when I do the math on the rx-1 racin in 6-700 cc classes that explanation doesn't fit.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby M10rules » August 18th, 2003, 7:52 am

Well MM, there was 1 cat in top ten, 5 Polaris. Polaris had top 3 and they were all 600 twins. Pretty bad when modded RX-1s can't beat modded 600 twins 2-strokes. Why would they have a chance comparing to an 800?
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby MM700 » August 18th, 2003, 8:04 am

Actually I think it was a very impressive showing for a new sled, and being a four stroke...admit it...if the Rx-1 was a CAT you guys would be praising it as the best thing since sliced bread....and no Skunk I will not explain it again....Why should I ???...You guys don't listen....so why bother....look back at some of Bandit's previous posts.....M-10...I think that was a pretty poor showing for CAT, and where was SKI_DOO????....I already congratualted Polaris on their impressive showing...that is one tough race....YEP for an over- weight ill handling, SLOW sled....I think the RX-1 was damn impressive at the SOO.
MM700

Postby M10rules » August 18th, 2003, 8:27 am

Just a little info on the Soo that was not shown in the #s--

The RX-1 was just ahead of the rest of the field at the start speed wise. But by the halfway point, they started slipping bad. They have a major reliability issue going on with the engines. Towards the end, we would come out of turn 2 20 feet behind and be past them by halfway. When they would come back around, the RX1 would be no where near. That is ALOT of wear for a motor to show in 500 miles.

Our poor showing, WHAT IF or SHOULD OF. We should of come in on the last yellow flag and we would of been top 3. This year we should be in great shape, got a good young driver that will be able to help put us in the top spot.

And I give no credit to Polaris, it all goes to the racers!! That race is a true test of a racer and Corey, John, and Greg; along with their teams did an AWESOME job and thats why they were tops!!
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby zrcat » August 18th, 2003, 8:31 am

Gee, that's weird, I just got back from a local CAT dealer, I spent 3 hours there just asking what brand they rode, every one of them, 220 poeple, said they were trashing thier yammy for the new CAT's. Everyone of them yammy owners.

wierd................"another fish story for you"

ANYONE who compares the T660 to the RX-1, and you MM seem to be hung up on this and ignoring it, is an OUTRIGHT idiot.

Hey, at least CAT did it first, yammy was after the fact......
zrcat

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers