Subscribe Today

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love th

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love this mainecat....

Postby NorthernSkunk » August 18th, 2003, 3:48 pm

There is a really good thread on the yamaha boards at amsnot right now... where real sledheads are postin what they would like to see yamaha build..........drift can you remember the title of that thread an who started it?.......:)
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby MM700 » August 18th, 2003, 4:11 pm

Mainecat the reason he didn't buy the 900 is because he wants a High Performance 4 stroke....it's that simple...why can't you guys understand that the general public is very intrigued by 4 stroke snowmobiles...Look at it this way......A guy goes and buys a boat...he gets talked into a 4 stroke motor, because of how clean and quiet they run...and he uses it all summer and loves it.....so when he goes to buy a snowmobile, and sees one that he doesn't have to buy oil for, gets good gas mileage, and has all the performance of the top dog two strokes, what does he buy????....You guessed it the rx-1....I guess my point got lost...but the point I was trying to make was that there is alot more interest in high performance 4 strokes than you Cat guys wanna admit.....and right now Yamaha makes the only one......and Skunk stop playing stupid!!!! or is it called playing possum up by you????.....You NEED ME to explain the two stroke to 4 stroke thing...lol....please...you ride the cat...you are the garage mechanic...not me.....Am I completely sold on four strokes....NO.....WHY???....because I ride off trail alot, in deep powder, and a heavier four stroke engine is just not a great thing for deep powder....I am not the hulk.....lol...and I know what some of you are thinking..I rode a viper (a triple)...but it is within 10 pounds of an 800 twin, no it's not as light as a rev nor a Firecat, but with a deeper lug track works very good in powder...it's a well balanced, good handling machine.....I want to see a lighter weight four stroke, adn I believe Yamaha has opened the door, for lighter weight high HP four strokes to be developed.....But you CAt guys have gotta quit kidding yourselves....the general riding public is much more intrigued by 4 strokes than you guys think.
MM700

Postby RIGGS1 » August 18th, 2003, 4:39 pm

I just wanna know how you did fishin'? Then we'll find out if this is all B/S or not.

BTW Bryan, I was listening to your show today(Mon)and laughed when you said something to the effect, "it's a beautiful day out there so get out and enjoy it if you can, 'cause I can't! Some of you people are lucky enough to have a few days off here & there, but not ME, I'll be here doing the show!"
I had to laugh 'cause @ that moment I was sitting in my 12' Jon boat in the middle of nowhere on a little 25 acre lake without a soul within 30 miles of me listening to some bad radio and opening my 4th beer(and I caught 17 bass in a couple hours). I lifted a beer for ya and laughed out loud. Now it's back to city life and I'm grumpy again.

didn't mean to get off the subject-
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/WI/Mercer.gif[/img]
RIGGS1

Postby zr800newyork » August 18th, 2003, 6:19 pm

Stick with the "fishing" story you'll catch more suckers......bunch of "bait and switch" or "it was this long" and "it got away"...ho hum.
The boring summer time..........
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Postby NorthernSkunk » August 18th, 2003, 7:15 pm

I wouldn't ask if it made sense mm. Yamahas 4 -stroke last year was allowed into 2 different cc sized sled racin classes.....that does not help me to understand how an where the rx-1 4-stroke motor fits in compared to other high-performance sleds. All I know is it is heavy...an it needs the ISR to adjust the rules so it can race against sleds with less cc's...although the 4-stroke makes more/or the same hp...that doesn't sound like a sled I want or need.

I think we need to seperate the high performance sled enthusiasts from the touring/4 stroke enthusiasts around here soon,
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Mainecat » August 19th, 2003, 12:46 am

"so when he goes to buy a snowmobile, and sees one that he doesn't have to buy oil for, gets good gas mileage, and has all the performance of the top dog two strokes"

All of the above is debatable MM-
Sorry the RX uses oil my friend. In some cases too much.
Good gas mileage?? Sorry 17mpg is not good for a 4 stroker.
Top dog is the ZR900- RX with a stiff tailwind won't come close.

MM 4 strokes are great in fact I bought one BUT you are being taken in by all the 4 stroke hype.
Mainecat

Postby Mainecat » August 19th, 2003, 1:49 am

MM and by the way I have just 1 question?..... what was the guy you met's first name?:)
Mainecat

Postby zrcat » August 19th, 2003, 2:40 am

Elvis.
zrcat

Postby MM700 » August 19th, 2003, 2:55 am

Well it wasn't WAD!!!!.....lol.....Mainecat, you want his address and date of birth too????....BTW Riggs...while your at work today in the city, I will be riding my bike enjoying the 90 degree weather, cruising thru the northwoods back roads..cooling off a bit....:B..I didn't catch ****...he had 3 nice walleyes, 24, 21, 19 inches...nice eaters...the guy had a monster of a boat...Preditor I think...250 Evinrude on it...almost too big for up here...Riggs check out hodagmotorcyclerally.com...this is where I'll be this weekend....some good bands, and biker fun...maybe you and the wife may want to come down for a day.
MM700

Postby Mainecat » August 19th, 2003, 3:21 am

So you didn't get his name but you got everything else he reportedly said. Mmmmmmmmm zrcat was right ELVIS!!!
Mainecat

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers