Subscribe Today

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love th

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love this mainecat....

Postby RIGGS1 » August 19th, 2003, 3:41 am

Can't make it this weekend. Got free tickets for the family to go to the races @ Slinger Speedway on Sat. free admission, food & drinks, can't pass it up. Plus Dylan gets to drop the green flag. Then the David Allen Coe show in Watertown. Always a good time.
I had my fill of bikes this weekend up by my place. Mercer Loons MC had their rally @ Deer Lodge this past weekend. Over 1000 bikes, they put a few in the ditch while racing down FF, only one death this year... unfortunately I knew him. JayBird lost it on Cut-Off & PierPoint road within a mile of my place. They took him to Wausau then Green Bay, but he died. There is usally a few that die there every year, but this is the 1st time it was a local guy. sucks.
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/WI/Mercer.gif[/img]
RIGGS1

Postby MM700 » August 19th, 2003, 4:34 am

Elvis rides an Arctic cat......lol.....:?
MM700

Postby M10rules » August 19th, 2003, 5:18 am

MM, you said people that compare the RX-1 to @strokes were idiots (or something close to that). So does that mean you think that the Yamaha Factory are idiots since they were the first to compare the RX1 to the 800s adn SRXs?
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby Luv2sled » August 19th, 2003, 6:12 am

Just for the record, I would hardly call the RX-1 that is capable of speeds up to 112mph (stock) a touring sled. Can you numbnuts not see that it is a high performance four stroke. If you can't compare it to a two stroke what can you compare it to? GEEEZ

MM....I agree with your boat/sled analogy. I was one of those clowns who swore I would never buy a four stroke outboard. My boat was in the shop getting worked on one weekend so the dealer gave me a loaner to fish a tournament in........it had a Honda four stroke on it. Never will I buy another two stroke outboard.....period.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby MM700 » August 19th, 2003, 6:32 am

That's what I am talking about Luv......guess these cat guys just don't get it...and M-10 you know what I mean...stop being an idiot...you don't compare a ditch banger to an aggressive trail sled..or maybe you do in your world...i don't.....I'd be glad to whip you, using your theory..you ride an F-7, I'll ride an 02 ZR 8...I will smoke you badly thru the woods....cause that's not what an f-7 is made for it's a snowcross dicth banger...the ZR 8 is too...but was much more stable and handled much better, at least in sharp corners with mixed roller bumps or Do u disagree with that....????The RX-1 does compare to the 800 Lake runners...Yamaha was right to compare them.....but show me where they have ever compared an Rx-1 to a snocross special or ditch banger...Where M-10???????
MM700

Postby M10rules » August 19th, 2003, 6:33 am

luv, all of them have touring sleds capable of 112mph.....Pantera 800, Grand Touring 800, and Classic Touring 800. Cat even made the Pantera 1000 for awhile. It would have been smarter marketing wise to call it a touring sled because that is what it is. Instead they called it a "High-Performance Snowmobile" which it doesn't compare to 800s which is what is in that class.

Now you Yamaha owner want to compare it to the T660 which is a touring sled and never claimed to be anymore. That is like comparing an R1 to a VStar 650 Classic. There is no comparision.
M10rules

Postby Mainecat » August 19th, 2003, 6:55 am

Hey MM I had both a ZR800 and the F7. The ZR wouldn't catch the F7. Sorry this is from extensive riding. 5000 on the ZR800 and 2500 on the F7. This is a fact Jack. This is not coming from some guy named Elvis you met fishin. :)
Mainecat

Postby Mainecat » August 19th, 2003, 6:56 am

M10 they are worried about the little Granny Turbo from Cat. lol:)
Mainecat

Postby MM700 » August 19th, 2003, 6:58 am

I rode both too for many miles last winter....(zr8,F-7)...and I could drive faster through the wooded tight trails on the ZR 8, and ZR 9 than I could on the rather narrow, tippy firecat....but that is just my opinion...I fell the ZR's 8 and 9 cornered flatter and better...more like an SRX or a Viper.
MM700

Postby M10rules » August 19th, 2003, 7:02 am

MM, I have rode both through the woods. They handle differnt, but to me neither is better or worse then the other, just different. You have to adapte to what you are riding.

Now you compared the RX-1 to the T660, that isn't a fair comparision but I guess anything to make Yamaha look better is ok right?

I have no problem with the RX-1, its a good groomed trail sled for the UP. But its not the High Performance sled they claimed it to be. Maybe it was back in the 90s but we have come along way since then.
M10rules

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers