Subscribe Today

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love th

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love this mainecat....

Postby Mainecat » August 19th, 2003, 7:29 am

MM whatever:) Now the ZR's handle like the SRX or Viper??
Mainecat

Postby MM700 » August 19th, 2003, 7:29 am

M-10..it most certainly is a high performance sled....it easily tops the triple digit mark..which to me is fast on any sled....it is very high tech, and handles, and rides just fine, once it's dial in...just like any other sled....I don't know about you guys, but I set my sleds up for me...both suspension and clutching....no matter what brand I ride....you must do the same thing with an Rx-1...I have been on both, a stock out of the box Rx-1 which to me handles and rode like **** and had very flat clutching, and another that was set-up by a buddy of mine...and it was awsome....rode and handled great, and pull away from a very fast SRX like nothing...especially from 60 MPH on...nothing wrong with the Rx-1....it's a smooth, fast sled when set-up properly...It's not for me though...I run off trail more than on...if I was an agressive trail runner or a lake runner...I'd buy and Rx-1, but I am not....so I'll look else where for something more my style...Isn't that what's great about sledding???...we can all buy what we want...right???..;)
MM700

Postby Luv2sled » August 19th, 2003, 7:40 am

LOL @ M10.......get real, your starting to sound like that striped vermin again.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby M10rules » August 19th, 2003, 8:12 am

MM, my grandpa sled as you call it will hit triple digits, done it a few times. So is that a high performance sled now too?
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby M10rules » August 19th, 2003, 8:15 am

How am I sounding like Stinky? I never once mentioned the Iron Dog or cfad :P Bandit, MM, and PRyde are the ones that have been using bike comparisions since it came out, thought they might understand the R1-Vstar comparision better.

ok, here goes stinky sounds.......if the RX-1 is a highperformance sled and will stay with any other sled out there; why is it racing 600s?
M10rules

Postby MM700 » August 19th, 2003, 8:40 am

Cause it can....:B....or maybe you understand this better...BECAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
MM700

Postby Snotcicles » August 19th, 2003, 9:10 am

I say this fishin' buddy is gonna be pissed when his wife flies past him on that ZL 800 and he's really gonna be pissed when she feels like dancin' at the end of the day and all he wants is a back rub with ben gay.LOL
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Postby M10rules » August 19th, 2003, 9:15 am

LMAO Snotty!!!
M10rules

Postby treewakr » August 19th, 2003, 10:13 am

MM700
Keep in mind the arguments you get from The Cat guys stems from fear. They know AC is way behind because they don't have a decent 4 Stroke and 4 stroke is the future. They say the RX1 isn't a performance sled because they're in denial. It seems funny to me that if the RX1 is only competative in the 600 class, then why do I walk away from the 800's. Cat is junk in my book as far as fit and finish, but they do well performance wise. Their problem is lack of fit and finish and not holding up well. No matter what the Cat guys say, I'll stick with my RX1 because I like it better than any 2 stroke I've ridden. As far as I'm concerned they're screwing up by not competing in the 4 stroke category.
treewakr

Postby MM700 » August 19th, 2003, 10:26 am

I know Wakr.....I guess they don't ever think they could go back to the old days, when Cat went bankrupt....Cat is a very small company...it wouldn't take much to upset their apple cart...compared to Yamaha or Ski-doo.....regardless of market share....yamaha and ski-doo can with stand a much bigger hit and survive, Cat cannot....and with the reviews on their four wheelers....things don't look great for them....they already failed at watercraft, and have once gone out of business making snowmobiles...not a great company in my book...lol
MM700

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers