Subscribe Today

arctic cat sucks!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

arctic cat sucks!

Postby RotaxGuy » August 29th, 2003, 5:08 am

zrcat - Are you for real? I'll give you the A-arm business but you're way off track on the rest of your observations. There's a little more to it than a new seat position. If Cat came out with the REV concept (good one) I bet you would be all over it. Typical brand loyal Cat mentality - "if it ain't Cat it's second rate." Too damn funny.
RotaxGuy

arctic cat sucks!

Postby catdaddy » August 29th, 2003, 5:10 am

Damn Maxi! Is that what that scar is from? Yeah, I thought that was the case with that "patent" thing but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for the refresher!
catdaddy

arctic cat sucks!

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » August 29th, 2003, 8:44 am

Cat kid Polaris was the first company to come out with efi. Polaris and Fugi were sued by a fellow claiming they stole his idea of fuel injection. The case was in court for many years, while waiting the fellow worked for PSI with there fuel injection motors. He later won and got millions of dollars from the two companies. He also sued Arctic Cat for the same reasons but the judge through that case out because he had'nt filed in time, statute of limitations had run out. He is a very rich man now!
Spy-Guy 74

arctic cat sucks!

Postby zrcat » August 29th, 2003, 8:50 am

kotaxguy, For the most part, CAT and Morgan are responsible for the stand up riding position. Others followed suit. REV has nothing outstanding as far as tech, just a "NEW" design and look. Just so happens to have some "stand-up-riding" built in while being seated. Rear suspension, front suspension, fuel delivery, engine, track,....what, is there something new there? I'm not ****tin' on the REV, I like it. It's just a new riding position, thats all.

And yes, CAT is 2nd to none......That's simple, like you. ;)
zrcat

arctic cat sucks!

Postby Cat kid » August 29th, 2003, 12:51 pm

There is tones of ergonomic technology in the REV. Ski Doo really has something new and I'm glad they brought it to the table.

I will be the first to say, if cat does make a Rev like Firecat, I will be one of the first to buy one. Improved rider possion plus the light weight skinny track F-Cat is just the ticket for me.
[green]Long live the T-Train!!!!![/green]
[green]He is gone, but not forgotten[/green]

[red]Just think, somewhere out there, it's snowing right now!!!!![/red]

[blue] I may not be a member, but I am still a proud FFA[blue]
Cat kid

arctic cat sucks!

Postby drifter7 » August 29th, 2003, 1:17 pm

Actually zrcat, Ski-doo is in the fore-front of technology. SDI is a far bigger advancement the the 4 stroke everyone know Yamaha could build. Electronic reverse, and the pyramid frame design which is very light and strong. Cat has what, automotive A-arm design and EFI? Pfffft.
drifter7

arctic cat sucks!

Postby kenlacy » August 29th, 2003, 2:38 pm

My second sled is a 92 Indy 500 SKS EFI - that thing still runs great to this day and only problem it ever had was a crank bearing that was notoriously bad on those. EFI never has caused a problem - starts 2nd or 3rd pull after sitting all summer and starts pretty much first pull all winter.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

arctic cat sucks!

Postby jefff1 » August 30th, 2003, 1:21 am

Dear new guy on a 582.. when you get done playing with your yellow and black Tonka trucks you might lose your fascination with those same colors....
Tom Kat
jefff1

arctic cat sucks!

Postby ski-doo formula mx 582!!!! » August 30th, 2003, 11:12 am

my speedo goes up to 160 MPH and as for 129 mph the speedo is 15 mph off!
ski-doo formula mx 583
polaris indy 500 sks efi
ski-doo formula mx 582!!!!

arctic cat sucks!

Postby SnowmanRules!! » August 31st, 2003, 6:21 am

So now let me get this straight. First you say you got the sled up to 129 mph, but you forgot to mention your speedo is off 15 mph!!
Now your telling us that you had the sled up to 114 mph. Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm not buying it. I still think he means Kilometers Per Hour.
SnowmanRules!!

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers