Subscribe Today

Digital camera / scanners ?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby RIGGS1 » September 3rd, 2003, 10:33 am

I am going to buy digital camera soon so I can upload naked pics of myself for you guys(kidding)... or maybe just a scanner?

What's your opinions about the dig. cameras? ie: name brand, price, most important features, ez uploads, batt. life, screen, small buttons/big fingers, eBay, BestBuy, WalMart?

Wacker, M10? you guys apparently are smart enough to use one, so tell me what you know? Thanks-
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/WI/Mercer.gif[/img]
RIGGS1

Postby snobuny » September 3rd, 2003, 10:43 am

skip the scanner and go with a camera that way you don't have to worry about film processing. Check the internet to get a good price and get the most expensive camera you can afford. Olympus and fuji make good cameras, had a bad experience with a sony so don't really recomend them. Then buy lots of memory and batteries. There is a little time lag with most digital cameras so take lots of pics to get used to it. Once you go digital you won't go back to film.
snobuny

Postby PickleChick » September 3rd, 2003, 10:52 am

Im shopping around for one too Riggs, just so I can post my own album of these sassy pals of mine!!:W
[img]http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/g14.gif[/img]
[green]Cat Pride[/green]
PickleChick

Postby FFS Crew #33 » September 3rd, 2003, 12:03 pm

get a digital.. you'll find alot on ebay.. get one with atleast 3-4 megapixels.. they take good pictures..
FFS Crew #33 :p
FFS Crew #33

Postby PolarisIndy » September 3rd, 2003, 12:22 pm

[url=http://www.epinions.com/Digital_Cameras]http://www.epinions.com/Digital_Cameras[/url]

IMO first you need to know how much you want/can spend. Then get the most for your $$$ as far as MegaPixel and OPTICAL zoom. Digital zoom sucks!!! Mine is a Fuji 2650, 2.1mp, and 3x optical zoom, 2x digital zoom. I think they are about $150 or so now. Good pics at a good price.
PolarisIndy

Postby treewakr » September 3rd, 2003, 12:32 pm

Fugi has the best optical for the money. Get both camera and scanner. I bought a scanner for $26.00 on the internet including shipping. I have the 2.1 megapix Fugi 2600.
treewakr

Postby M10rules » September 3rd, 2003, 12:33 pm

3.1 or higher Pixel
More Optical Zoom, digital isn't that important
Have a Kodak that works good, also like HP products
Get a 64 megabyte memory card!!! I could get 200 pictures on mine.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby gg aka giftgirl :) » September 3rd, 2003, 1:39 pm

Kodak is the best that I've used so far....AND dont go under 2.0 megapixel...you also want to get one with digital/optical...
I have an HP photo printer,its great cause you can take it anywhere,plug it in,load memory card and 'Voila!'....PRINT PICTURES!!
[b][blue]giftgirl :W [/blue][/b]
gg aka giftgirl :)

Postby Icehole » September 3rd, 2003, 1:48 pm

If ya take long range pics would suggest the Pentax Digibino,DB100.
Great for races and long range stuff and regular shots.Whatever yer lookin at thru the binos when ya hit the button is what ya get.can take a pic of a drivers head in turn 3 from turn one on a mileinahalf track and it looks like I was runnin beside him.Don't claim to be good at picture takin but it makes me look like I know what I'm doin....plus ya get good longe range stuff without totin all those extra high powered len's.Has that mini tv screen thing where ya can check the picture instantly or use the screen to make the shot instead of lookin thru the bino part.Holds 100 hi resolution and 300 reg.....Likes batterys,take extras
Icehole

Postby drifter7 » September 3rd, 2003, 4:40 pm

I have a Canon PowerShot S230 Digital ELPH with 3.2 mega pixals. Easy to use, very compact and priced around $369. Scanners suck. I have one you can have.
drifter7

Next

Return to Trash Talkers