Subscribe Today

You have to read this story!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby The Grand Poobah » September 11th, 2003, 5:51 am

I can't believe idiots like this exist! This happened 20 minutes from where I live.

When this guy goes to trial I may have to head down to the courthouse with a baseball bat and give him a wood shampoo...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 11-ON.html
The Grand Poobah

Postby RIGGS1 » September 11th, 2003, 6:21 am

Unfreaken' believable...

7 frozen soda pop cans in a pillow case would be my choice to use on this genius
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/WI/Mercer.gif[/img]
RIGGS1

Postby The Grand Poobah » September 11th, 2003, 6:33 am

The guy's name sounded familiar, so I did a search and came across this story - same guy - jackass....

04/11/2003 Archived Entry: "Sailing on ice"

Ice no menace for Denis,
he just went with the floe

As Denis Ryan put it to the police: "I just felt like going for a ride".

Ryan's idea of a ride might be considered by some as being . well, a little bizarre. It resulted in his need to be rescued from a 15-foot cake of ice in the Gatineau River, which he had ridden downstream for several miles..

His Sunday morning "cakewalk" on April 6 was halted by the ice piled against a Hydro Quebec boom stretched across the river above the rapids at Wakefield.

Ryan, 54, who is regarded as something of an eccentric, apparently boarded the floe near shore at Alcove, and set off into the fast current with a far more carefree demeanor than those who watched him sailing by. Obviously Denis didn't consider the ice a menace, and chose to go with the floe. He was spotted by worried observers from the shoreline.

Shorerside resident Laurie Cunningham said "We were out cleaning our car, when someone ran up wanting to call 911. There was a man floating down the river on a little piece of ice. After we called 911 we went to watch.

"He was travelling pretty quick because the water is fast. Then he hit the ice boom and he just stopped".

Cunningham said about 30 minutes passed, before "two young men had gone home and come back with their rowboat".

The young men were Bob Mason, a volunteer with the Wakefield Fire Department, and Liam Kelly.

They were responding to the 911 call, because Bob's father John, who lives just beside the MRC Police Station, had an available boat. The fire department does not have one of its own.

"It was no big deal", Mason said. They put the aluminum boat into the water and paddled out to the ice jam. Mason says there was some concern, because they didn't know whether the piece of ice Ryan was riding would be pushed under or over the jam by the current.

Ryan was calm when they got there, and in a sudden show of concern, told them "We better put on lifejackets". They handed him one, then he got into the boat,and they paddled back to shore.

As Ryan got out on shore, stepping on broken ice and pulling the boat, Cunningham says she yelled at him to be careful.

He replied: "So what's your problem, lady? Scared of the water ?"

Cunningham admits she first found the episode "pretty scary", but later came to the conclusion it was "totally absurd".

Ryan was taken to hospital, but released, none the worse for his Sunday outing.
The Grand Poobah

Postby Babbie » September 11th, 2003, 7:33 am

I'm very sad to read about people being this mean to wildlife , I do hunt and I love seeing wildlife but this just sucks , Maybe some one needs to hold this person (note that I didn't say man ) under water for a long time .
Babbie

Postby Skidoo_Newf! » September 11th, 2003, 7:35 am

I find it hard to believe that natural selection hasn't caught up with this guy yet!!!!!
I may not have a sled right now but my office chair is modded to the max!!!!!
Skidoo_Newf!

Postby Babbie » September 11th, 2003, 7:38 am

This guy will have his day of judgment , maybe by the mother bear .
Babbie

Postby The Grand Poobah » September 11th, 2003, 7:48 am

Or the people in town. It's a small, close knit community where hunting is common and accepted. But what isn't accepted is people treating wildlife like this. He'll get what's coming to him.

About 10 years back a few drunks were chasing a moose on their snowmobiles up that way and drove the moose over a cliff. It was found the next day by some ice fisherman with 2 broken legs and dying of hypothermia. The good news on this story is the guys were bragging about it back at the local bar. Both woke up in the hospital the next day, one with a broken jaw and the other with cracked ribs and a puntured lung. 2 torched snowmobiles were found in the parking lot outside the bar.
The Grand Poobah

Postby SLEDHEADRED » September 11th, 2003, 7:51 am

YEP, mama bear gonna have her day, they got his scent!!
Get him!!What an ass!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Postby 1fastcougar440 » September 21st, 2003, 5:41 pm

typical, guys bein idiots
[green]********************************************************************************************[/green]

Hearts stars and horseshoes, that leprechauns on ACID!!
1fastcougar440

Postby treewakr » September 21st, 2003, 6:16 pm

That link doesn't work. What happened in the story. The guy kidnapped a bear from it's mom?
treewakr

Next

Return to Trash Talkers