Subscribe Today

PA no helmet law -bike & sled related

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Judah Ben-Hur » September 11th, 2003, 4:11 pm

I heard Scranton area had one the first day it was passed. Not wearing a helmet was the headline. This could get ugly.
Judah Ben-Hur

Postby psycho sledder » September 11th, 2003, 6:17 pm

i f i show you my biking helmets scars they sure would
make it illegal to go without wearin one. It saved me quite a few times
psycho sledder

Postby jefff1 » September 12th, 2003, 12:25 am

When I fluff (fart) in the car I hit the window lock button so my wife can't roll them down....really drives her crazy...amongst other things I do....Am I still on topic?
Tom Kat
jefff1

Postby 2k2mxz6 » September 12th, 2003, 8:27 am

Hey Jeff does you're wife wear a helmet when you fart in the car,or do you when she hits you with her purse.
2k2mxz6

Postby BlackCat F7 » September 12th, 2003, 9:19 am

I was going to comment on the snowmobile helmet laws, but this topic is starting to stink!
BlackCat F7
[URL=http://www.prairieriders.net]The Prairie Riders[/URL]
BlackCat F7

Postby mtntank » September 12th, 2003, 9:54 am

We dont need any more stinking laws!!!!! Tired of everyone wanting to tell me what i should and shouldnt do.Anyone wanting a helmet law can go scr*w themselves!!! Accidents happen deal with it!!
You want to wear a helmet fine its your "CHOICE"
Big Brother "Stay out of my life"!!!!!!!!!
mtntank

Postby Green Ecstasy » September 13th, 2003, 7:31 pm

I wouldn't recommend riding your snowmobile without a helmet. According to the DCNR website it's illegal. [url=http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/snowmobile/operation.htm]DCNR[/url] Scroll down to illegal operation.
If at 100 mph water feels like concrete, what does ice feel like?
Green Ecstasy

Postby NorthernSkunk » September 13th, 2003, 8:12 pm

if your gonna ride hard(sleds/bikes/dirtbikes/quads etc) ya need a helmet, thats commen sense......what bugs me is..... in vehicles you can be killed because of a seat belt. I don't think a helmet has ever killed anyone. Correct me if I'm worong.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby nocatlikesnocat » September 13th, 2003, 8:43 pm

I have to agree w/ valin. What the hell does the MAN have to do with when I want to die? If I don't want to wear a helmet I don't have to. But in steps the dictator saying what I WILL DO. They start off with saying I can ride my sled(after I buy a current registration) then I can ride on their roads(as long as the roads are clearly marked on the map) and now I can do that between this month and that month but only till they think otherwise. Then I have to wear a helmet(duh) soon will have to carry a beacon(duh) probes(duh) ride with a person trained in avalanche awareness(duh) cpr(duh) first aide(duh). This will all be MANIDTORY because some IDIOT didn't do this and DIED. Why can't I choose my own destiny? Is this not a DICTATORSHIP?
nocatlikesnocat

Postby Long time cat man » September 14th, 2003, 2:19 am

It's called Law Suit! Their ruining the country. No one wants to accept responsibility for anything that they do. So when something happens that their hurt by, or don't like, than it's sue time. And they find someone or some manufacturer to nail because of their stupid decision. Why do you think we have all those stupid safety stickers stuck all over our new sleds?? Because that's the only way a manufacturer has to protect themselves from the dumbass people who don't know how to use common sense. And when they screw up, they can't wait to find someone to blame. Everyone makes bad decisions at times, let's just learn to accept them, learn from them, and move on!
Long time cat man

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers