Subscribe Today

Snotech Article On The RX1

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby treewakr » October 1st, 2003, 1:05 pm

10'000 miles trouble free in one season. Eat your hearts out!

Snotech RX1 Article
[img]http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/sno/press/snowtech/images/ten_thous.gif[/img]
treewakr

Postby stevie thunder » October 1st, 2003, 1:22 pm

met a guy on the fire roads in tabor last spring with over 9000 mi on his rx1.same thing.he was tradind it on another one.no problems.amazing
"blinding images flashing by,like a windshield towards a fly"
stevie thunder

Postby Burky » October 1st, 2003, 1:37 pm

That may be all well and good, but I was a little bit unhappy with the cover blurb that called it a "10,000 mile test". It's not any kind of a valid test if no one is involved to monitor the process from beginning to end. I think the 4 strokes will be sweet in the future, once we are one or two generations down the line.
If you are in the ditch, upside down, and the sled's on top of you, you are doing something wrong.....
Burky

Postby BigDXLT » October 1st, 2003, 2:08 pm

Yeah, NMFH too. Trouble free? What about that front rear suspension arm breaking? He claims he did all his riding on groomed bloody trails and he's busting suspension? Geeze... Using a bit of oil too wasn't it? Wooo but he got 10003 miles on his hyfax! Claims to be not brand loyal, but "partial to Yamaha". Umm... yeah...

If yam would just cut a cylinder or two off, and put on a turbo, put a new rear suspension on it, get the weight down, put on a recoil instead of that battery ****, THEN I'll stop trashing yam. Yamaha CAN do half that ****, they just don't care to. If they stopped ONLY catering to 50 year old groomed trail grandmas, I'd be interested.
BigDXLT

Postby NorthernSkunk » October 1st, 2003, 2:18 pm

I am not tryin to be rude or anythin wackr....but did he say why he is buying a new sled already?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby BigDXLT » October 1st, 2003, 2:30 pm

So he can get the handlebar warmers that don't turn on automatically?

Maybe it's for the new track?

Or the 4 ounces lighter?

Or maybe he doesn't trust his old one with that many miles? I mean... I thought buying an rx1 would mean you could go a few years without trading in because it was a dependable fourstroke?

Maybe he really liked that red/silver combo? (Matches his skidoo helmet and jacket!)
BigDXLT

Postby Mainecat » October 1st, 2003, 2:40 pm

pssst wacker that F7 behind it has the same miles as the Rx1:) the polaris behind them both has 2 seasons with 18,000 miles on it. those are 2 strokes and your point is?
Mainecat

Postby treewakr » October 1st, 2003, 5:38 pm

Skunk, maybe he likes new sleds every year, I know a lot of guys that get new sleds every year. Bigd you sound a little jealous. Must be a bltch to get passed by a sled that weighs 10'000 pounds and kicks your ass on mileage too. LMFAO
The only way you'll get 10,00 miles on an F7 without trouble is if you towed it, LMAO
Mainecat, the F7 is waiting for his bud to come tow him in for a new motor, #3 and the polaris is trying to figure out where the next gas station is because he only has 6 gallons left and can only make it 30 miles.
treewakr

Postby Judah Ben-Hur » October 1st, 2003, 6:00 pm

pssst mainekat, that firecat in the background is wondering how to get his ecu to let it go over 80 mph but what the hey, thats only an approximate 32 mph drop from what it should be doing. Probably still doesn't know if it works or not. Maybe the guys that are reprogramming them don't know how too reboot the computer. lol
Judah Ben-Hur

Postby BigDXLT » October 1st, 2003, 6:53 pm

Yes I'm jealous. You pegged me wakr. And it [i]better[/i] be able to pass a 10 year old low geared 600 that makes 90hp. Face it. Until Yam put that beast on a diet, it'll always be the fat chick of snowmobiling. Probably a lot of fun, but don't let your friends catch ya riding her! (See now, my xlt would be like my wife or something. It was light and hot when I first got it... and now a few years later... she sags, feels heavy, but I know everything about her and how to make'r go! ;) And unlike some of you pricks that dump your sled each year, I'm sticking with'r til she dies! Or I win the lotto. Whichever comes first.)
BigDXLT

Next

Return to Trash Talkers