Subscribe Today

Lets talk about water crossing!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby 800HO » October 7th, 2003, 11:15 am

Has anyone tried to cross water on a REV? I think the way the side panels are the belt will get wet and you'd be toast. fill me in people, someones had to try it, or seen it??
ICE, SNOW OR GRASS
I'LL KICK YOUR ASS

[blue]SKI-DOO[/blue]

RIDE THE BEST,
FORGET THE REST

[blue]WHEN THE FLAG DROPS
THE BULL$HIT STOPS[/blue]
800HO

Postby SXR752 » October 7th, 2003, 11:27 am

why don't you give it a try and report back to us how it went!?!?!
SXR752

Postby FoxGirl336 » October 7th, 2003, 12:12 pm

ok, the only sled ive seen make it over water is a polaris, that's it. but i was flooring it and my dad was pissed when i got the other side...it's like he doesnt trust me. :R
FoxGirl336

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » October 7th, 2003, 12:26 pm

I've seen all 4 brands watercross. I've done it myself. It's not a big deal. This is no B.S. and not because I ride a Doo -I've seen every other brand EXCEPT for a SKI-DOO sink,but I'm sure the do too. Yamaha's are good for one, but you better make sure the water drains out of the belly pan before you make a second pass or you're FU@KED! I don't know how many YAMI'S I've seen sink up in Curtis,Mi. on Manistique Lake. I remember two years ago a couple of guys took their wives sleds out a one guy sunk his old lady's Poo in the drink. All he kept saying is "She's going to kick my ass if she finds out"!
SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

Postby ZRT800 » October 7th, 2003, 12:36 pm

Yeah Ski-Doo has always reigned as king of the water. Watching a buddy on an '02 ZR8CC a couple years ago opened my eyes to what Cat's can do on water! My ZRT did it really well, but needed speed going in. The Doo's & ZR CCE's can put their skiis in the water & then cross no problem. As far as I can tell the F7SP is the new king of water! I ride with 3 of them & have never seen any sled even come close to what the F7sp can do on water!!

Now the Rev. I haven't (personally)seen one run water, but they do. It appears that nothing has changed with Doo's ability to run water. There were/are pics up on SnowmobileWorld.com of a guy crossing a couple km's of water last year on a Rev!

One thing to remember, every sled can & will sink!!!! If you run water, it's only a matter of time before you go for a mid-winter swim. Be prepared to accept the consequences before you try.
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Postby Blue leader (temp) » October 7th, 2003, 12:44 pm

Why don`t you just get one of those 215hp sea doo`s??
[img]http://www.freepichosting.com/Images/103503/0.jpg[/img][img]http://www.freepichosting.com/Images/103503/1.jpg[/img]
Nice hooters :B
Blue leader (temp)

Postby catdaddy » October 7th, 2003, 1:00 pm

I saw a REV cross the water this summer like it was made to be there! It was very smooth and did well. It was a factory race sled. In fact, just met the guy a couple a weeks ago, and my buddy bought his 02' MXZX from him for only 3 gs'! Only had 6 races on it and some trail time. A real good deal! And yes, the Firecats did well too! :D
catdaddy

Postby 800HO » October 7th, 2003, 2:32 pm

As far as I'm concerned, nothing can touch a ZX body Ski-doo on the water, I've seen them do some pretty amazing things. But I will give polaris credit too, last winter a guy on a XC 700 stop until the water was almost to his seat and he started going again, it was unbelievable. I have crossed about 2 km on a MXZ 700, but thats about the limit for me, it was pretty scary the first time.
ICE, SNOW OR GRASS
I'LL KICK YOUR ASS

[blue]SKI-DOO[/blue]

RIDE THE BEST,
FORGET THE REST

[blue]WHEN THE FLAG DROPS
THE BULL$HIT STOPS[/blue]
800HO

Postby kawicat » October 7th, 2003, 4:43 pm

practically everyone in wi that raced watercross this past summer on a doo was running a rev.

i hate to say it, but they flat out flew accross the water! a few had some major handling issues in the oval races, it looked more like a set-up issue then a sled issue.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Return to Trash Talkers