Subscribe Today

how far on liquid snow

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

how far on liquid snow

Postby tnt8000 » November 21st, 2003, 4:12 pm

A medium lug track 1.25 to 1.5 inch's with no studs works best for puddle jumping, having some horsepower in front of you helps too, of course the bigger the machine the faster and further you can go. accelerating and decreasing speeds even turning is fairly easy with practice, i'v done about 2km of open water, on a river and in the middle of a lake. just make sure your belt doesn't get wet. On warm spring days when snow is limited a good way to cool your sled down is to run over some open water, its a instant cool on the heat exchangers.
2 sleds
30 000km combined
thats a hell of alot of real world riding!
tnt8000

how far on liquid snow

Postby Swap » November 21st, 2003, 8:04 pm

WE cross water all of the time is spring where I'm from. Usualy around 60'. But one of my buddies went over 1.5km on a 700RMK on a $3000 bet.
[b]I just killed a 6-pack!! WATCH IT DIE!!!![/b]
Swap

how far on liquid snow

Postby Long time cat man » November 22nd, 2003, 2:11 am

Rode my sled through the tunnel under I-75 up at Sault Ste. Marie on a foot of water several years ago. ( Before they built the trail under it ) My 3 kids all followed me. Were gonna do it again leaving town, but there was a sled sunk, and didn't want to get off the throttle to try and get around it, so we took the long way around out of town.
Long time cat man

how far on liquid snow

Postby ZRT800 » November 22nd, 2003, 11:09 am

My max is about 800 feet. That was on my '97 ZRT800. This year I'm riding an '02 ZR8CCE these things are awesome on water!! I can't wait! 50% of the time the ZRT seemed like it would go forever! The other 50% was a little sketchy! LOL Never sunk it though. I've gone down twice in the last 4 years. My brother has an F7SP. I took it out & played a couple times, the thing is better than most Sea Doos!!!!
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers