Subscribe Today

FIRECATS SUCK

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby M-10 » December 10th, 2003, 7:19 am

My ass handed to me??? I highly doubt it cat wrencher. I will be at lake geogebic the 2nd week of jan. I will get back to you on the specifics. Guess Ill pull the old plus outta the barn and dust her off,throw in some fresh gas and go cat hunting just for practice. And to top things off for ya Ill even bring the dude and sled that I beat just to show ya it aint no bull $hit. Hows that for proof?????
You wanna be dumb? Then buy a CAT!
You wanna be smart? Then buy a Doo!
M-10

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby M-10 » December 10th, 2003, 7:21 am

[quote][quote]I got a funny story for you CAT lovers out there. At the time of the race I ran a 1989 Yes 1989 SKI-DOO Formula plus. The plus was and still is 100% stock. We were at the radar runs year before last and my buddy who runs a 1998 ZR-500 kept giving me $hit abt my ancient lead sled. So I told him that a friendly race was in order. The funny part is that there were abt 250 witneses. Well we lined them up and the lights flicked down to green and away we went side by side but only for a while. To my surprise and every one else there I smoked him by abt 4 sled lengths. True to all cat lovers there they were in total denial. Iwas being accused of the sled being bored,stroked,clutched etc. ect. My buddy even stuck up for me who by the way knows my sled very well and stated that it is stock. Well the cat sheep just could not accept it so I said I would race anogther 500 cat if there was one around and sure enough some punk ass 17 year old kid told me how he was going to smoke me. We lined them up and the light hit green away we went and same thing I took him but this time by only 3 sled lengths. You want to see a bunch of sheep go wild this was the time and place. They could not belive it. Total denial. I told the sheep that if any one wanted to have my engine torn down and measured they were more than welcome but being that they were the ones with somthing to prove they would have to pay $$$$$ to reassemble it. No one stepped forward. Remember folks I like cats I just think the durabilty of those suzuki mills suck.

P.S. Im sure some here dont belive this but thats ok because me and abt. 250 other sledders were there to witness it and I am satisfied with that alone. By the way the old plus has a 521 LC twin and I still own it so if anyone ever is in the area and wants to line up there mighty ZR-500 against it I will make a beliver out of ya.[/quote] Key word to start the thread was "I got a funny STORY!"...WOW what a funny STORY it is![/quote] Yes story. TALL TAIL? NO
M-10

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby RWL » December 10th, 2003, 7:37 am

[quote]I do not make my assesments from made up sh#t.They are made from Arctic scrap experiences from people I know personally who have owned them.And some of you guys are right,All brands have some issues but Arctic scrap has the most.A yamaha you might get 1 out of 10 with problems.You might get 1 good cat out of every 10.True reality is hard for you cat owners to accept isn't it.I would be in denial to if I spent all that money on a fast piece of sh#t.[/quote] I agree they build them ON THE EDGE!....LUV THEM CRAZY FAST THINGS!:B P.S as long as your happy w/what you got why complain??? Gee I think i know why!HA! HA! HA! you shouldnt let it bother you so much there's always better & faster bro.............
"on a still summer's night you can hear the ring's flake in a rotax engine" :o
RWL

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby kawicat » December 10th, 2003, 8:20 am

instead of yelling bull**** before thinking about this situation, ponder a moment and take the scientific approach to see why you beat him. your older sled was "broke in" to the point where the clutch spring was losing tension, shocks were getting a little softer, not to mention the formulas are not light, hence its going to produce more friction with the snow/ground and hook up better. also the worn components aren't going to engage or want to upshift as fast. allowing you, never to break traction.

the zr was new, the clutch engages at 5000-5500 rpm stock, the 98's didn't have the 1" lugs like the 99. shocks were new and tight (hence, unless he had them revalved for drags he wasn't transfering the same amount of weight. so add everything up, he was spinning like hell off the line which allowed you to win.

bottomline, stud both sleds hit the local lake and pull the trigger again. the zr will eat you raw in 500, 660, and 1000 feet hands down.

okay lets say both sleds were studded, you never stated in your article the sleds conditions, so what if they both were studded.

question #1- how long was the "run"?
question #2- was your gearing and clutching stock?
question #3- did the timing gate have a red light option? or was it trusted that you left at the same time.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby yamarider » December 10th, 2003, 9:20 am

damn - too much to read to reply on this topic

Ride Yamaha then there would be NO problems
yamarider

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby M-10 » December 10th, 2003, 9:20 am

Here we go again. Another cat dude in total denial with as many excuses as a greenbay packers fan. Any way the sleds were both 100% stock. the lug height on the plus was only 1 half inch at the time. T he cat had higher lugs. No studs on eigther sled. the run was 1000 feet. And yes the lights had a red light option. Also the cat had 1250 miles on it(pleanty broke in) and the DOO-ROCKET had 5000. We were on a snow pack track for studless runs. Oh yea I waxed the hood and he did not so I suppose that gave me an unfair advantage. Oh I forgot to mention that we were both spinning like hell.

I WON! I WON! I WON!
M-10

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby CatRider800 » December 10th, 2003, 9:30 am

Yammyhaa, show me EVIDENCE that states EXACTLY what you said, that 1 out of every 10 is a good one, then MAYBE i would think about even remoltely RESPECTING you, untill shut your mouth with this bull**** your pulling oughta your ass. You do now know that 1 out of every 10 yammy's break... show me the evidence
Whether its dirt, snow or grass... the Cat still kicks ass!!!
CatRider800

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby M-10 » December 10th, 2003, 9:35 am

Oh my yammy I think you have made him angry. I suppose that if my sled kept falling apart every ride I would get a little pissed off and tired of defending it to. So cat rider I understand your pain LOL LOL LOL HE HE HE.
M-10

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby yamarider » December 10th, 2003, 9:36 am

Im in the business and could get you stats if you really need them to prove yammys point.

not that it should need to be

Do you want them
Do you
huh
huh

why is it always the "others" with the doubts? lmao
yamarider

FIRECATS SUCK

Postby kawicat » December 10th, 2003, 9:38 am

alright m-10 everyone knows no sled is unbeatable forever, except the F7.

it looks like my original theory of the worn sled is the correct one. 1600 miles is like new, 5000 is getting worn significantly enough to decrease snappy performance.

i am not denying you beat him, i will take your word for it and trust this story, i am mean event isn't made up, just trying to explain logically how and why you beat him that's all.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers