Subscribe Today

More race results and newsflash for 04 F7 owners

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby zrcat » January 12th, 2004, 3:11 am

POC????? piece of (insert male slang genitilia name here)? what.....?

Funny thing about those F7's.......still the best selling sled out there......Hmmm.
zrcat

Postby RWL » January 12th, 2004, 3:13 am

HA! HA! HA! & Yet another year of GREEN ENVY shinning through!:BLUV-IT
"on a still summer's night you can hear the ring's flake in a rotax engine" :o
RWL

Postby kenlacy » January 12th, 2004, 4:18 am

c r a p is what it said until the "system" fixed it.

RWL - are you the town drunk sittin at the corner of the bar always laughing at your own thoughts?

I just can't shake that vision everytime I read one of your posts!
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby RWL » January 12th, 2004, 4:24 am

Your close ken!:B...I do like ICE COLD BEER!
"on a still summer's night you can hear the ring's flake in a rotax engine" :o
RWL

Postby zert » January 12th, 2004, 4:28 am

The F7 sells great because it is faster than any other 700 or 800 twin and in a short distance faster than the big triples. It will be remembered as a remarkably fast sled, but will also be remembered for it's many problems. The Firecat design is a partial success so far, motor is unbelievable but the various flaws in other components have gotten it just as much attention.
zert

Postby M10rules » January 12th, 2004, 5:17 am

zert, when he gets his new pipe, have him take it to someone that is good at welding and they can weld that seam so it won't blow apart again.

Ken, there are some problems out there with the Firecats. But there are also ALOT that don't have all of these problems. When I was working at the Cat dealer, we had 1 bad pipe, and most of them we were replacing all the bearings in the rear suspension. Nothing cost the owners downtime!! The one that blew the pipe took it into a welder that day and had it fixed to finish out the year with. We had one guy that had 3500 miles on his and no problems, didn't even have updates done till the end of the year. And yes he does ride hard. You are seeing 10% of the sleds having major problems ie. pipes, motors
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby kenlacy » January 12th, 2004, 5:48 am

Good thing they have had 13 updates already or it would be more like 95% huh?

Seriously, is it ever gonna end with these sleds - every month is a new problem!

Do you cat boys all have a red phone in your home - directly linked to Cat for up to the hour update information?

I should own a Cat - I know a good welder!

Woohoo - gotta love it!
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby MM700 » January 12th, 2004, 5:52 am

Yep go spend $7,ooo on a sled, and then pay to have the pipe welded, after you put in a new eyebolt so your recoil rope doesn't rub the hood and break, and after you get all the updates, and service bulletins done...LMAO!!!!....Yep thats Cat quality...fast as hell until it blows up.....LMAO!!!!...For cripes sake, that is just sad...I agree for once with ZERT ....if you are really Cat lover forget the F-cat.....go with the ZR9....I have driven both, and prefered the 900..more reliable,faster,just an all around better sled than the F-7....I love how you Cat guys talk about how fast these F-cats are......DON'T THEY HAVE TO BE RUNNING TO WIN RACES????..I MEAN WHO THE HELL WANTS A $7,000 THROW AWAY SLED???? ...If I had to ride a Cat, the ZR 900 would be my only choice....I am just not that good of a mechanic to buy a firecat, can't weld either...Good one Slappy...but you better becareful some of those norweigan women don't come looking for ya....they might slap ya with a lutefisk....LMAO!!!
MM700

Postby MM700 » January 12th, 2004, 5:57 am

Hey Ken...these Cat guys went on and on about the Viper....but the problems with the firecats continue into it's second production year..twice the amount of recalls and problems with the f-cat as with the viper...I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE CAT GUYS AREN'T SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER AT THIEF RIVER FALLS!!!!!....STOP GIVING US UNRELIABLE JUNK!!!!
Oh well that is why they are called green sheep....baaaaaaaaaaaaa....lol...and they pick on Polaris's BNG......LMAO!!!!
MM700

Postby zrcat » January 12th, 2004, 6:12 am

Hmm. the only place you hear about how bad CATs are is here with our faithfull CAT haters.

I have two dealers here and one is a very good friend of mine, who rides an F7 and a ZR900. Loves'em both. Has had some probs with F7's in '03, but not many....The other dealer is just around the corner, his show room is just about empty, and so is his shop area. I have never had problems with any CAT I've owned and in My group, only the Poo's are the most problematic rides we have....They always deny the probs, and when you beat'em across the field, lake or in the trail, it's always "what, I wasn't racing".....LMAO.
zrcat

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers