Subscribe Today

This sled is sick, straight bucknutty!!!!!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby InfiniteLimits88 » January 15th, 2004, 1:16 pm

Dang!...that thing must serious rip man..awsome sled...some action* pics whould be great.......later
InfiniteLimits88

Postby bjk » January 15th, 2004, 2:30 pm

all I can say is pretty damn sweet funk man.
wrecking the planet one snow drift at a time.:R[green][/green]
bjk

Postby funkadelic101 » January 15th, 2004, 6:55 pm

Trust me, this sled has been well documented as far as pics go.... More will be made when it hits the snow. It will be in WI on the 24th, then on the 31st, hopefully Calumet. All of this will be to set it up for a couple trips out west. Hopefully Cooke City in February. We've even contemplated selling the engine bracket, pipes, torque plate and the rest of the stuff necessary (minus motor) as a kit to others who are brave enough to get this motor.

This sled is not mine. But a long story short, a friend calls me, says, "I want a bada$$ mt rig, but I don't want to spend more than a new sled costs" I gaurantee him I will keep him under the cost of new and give him twice the sled in the end, or equal sleds at half the cost of new..... Guess what he went with??? Anyhow, after getting the package of components together, and the ball rolling, he took off with putting it all together. I helped along the way, but the physical labor done was mostly by the owner..... He had his doubts about my ideas, but he's got a grin now. In fact, he won't stop talking about it, like a crack fiend for H.P. now!!!! Anyhow, I will keep people here posted on this sled, I have a feeling Nemadji will see it soon.... So if anyone's up in WI or the UP in the coming weeks, check here to see if we'll cross paths..... Remember, she's a "stocker" so boring, a true sleeper. Maybe I should paint it with primer to add that no frills touch......
Liberty without Virtue is Slavery to Vice
funkadelic101

Postby nemadji » January 15th, 2004, 6:58 pm

Blah Blah Blah. Ill smoke your ass. Nemadji Viper.
nemadji

Postby nemadji » January 15th, 2004, 7:06 pm

Can i ride it????????
nemadji

Postby funkadelic101 » January 15th, 2004, 7:44 pm

SURE YOU CAN!!!! Just be up in the Cable WI, or the Keweenaw area the next few weekends and I'm sure it can be arranged.... I will call you this weekend, I got stuck working this weekend, but we'll see. And BTW, I'll stack my lil ol 700 against you. Maybe NS would make the trip too if I promised him a ride.....
funkadelic101

Postby The Borg » January 16th, 2004, 1:01 am

Funky, cool.:)Love them triples. Hey, toss the gauntlet down to Whacker...his turbo on high boost should be in the ballpark hp of yours. A real custom trasher shootout.:C
[COLOR=#0000ff]Welcome to.........The Real World. :p[/COLOR]
[img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2103/pc1600246vg.jpg height=200 width=280[/img]

[url=http://cavecountryriders.com]http://cavecountryriders.com[/url]
The Borg

Postby funkadelic101 » January 16th, 2004, 8:31 am

Sorry BORG, I have a feeling that Whacker isn't interested in leaving Lolo, and the furthest west this sled will make it this year is Cook City. I'm not really one for the dyno bench top psuedo Mt riding talk, but the way I see it is..... The RMK just has a great rep for deep snow, and climbing, this specific sled I have been around since coming off the showroom, and I'm serious, it was built on a wednesday, great sled. Now the 700 is out, and this motor is strong. The sled weighs about 515-520 lbs, and it may get a light hood and seat for out west, tip it under 500 lbs..... I just don't see a RX-1 topping it, unless in it's perfect conditions, maybe spring time, set up, wide chute that's like an uphill drag race, where momentum can be gained early.... Nonetheless, it would be fun, and interesting.
funkadelic101

Postby T'NT340rider » January 16th, 2004, 8:49 am

drag it yet?, you can get a super-charger for that, then you'd be pullin over 300hp. Hey, its just a matter of time and money after all.
Proud member of the Carhartt Clan Vintage Snowmobile Club.

-I am a 315er, and proudly support the other 315ers at www.315er.net fight for Wayne County, Webster Sucks!!
T'NT340rider

Postby SLEDHEADRED » January 16th, 2004, 9:07 am

FUNKY, nice sled dude, guess you are a gearhead after all.
So you gonna add any POWER ENHANCER'S or anything-LOL.

So did you do all the work? Do you have a shop or what?
And when you say price is cheaper then new 04, does that include price of existing sled??
The way you laid out the pipes is far out man. So it has a 1200 bottom end with 800 twin jug's, maybe there is a future in doing this.......
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers