Subscribe Today

Firecat part II

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Firecat part II

Postby MM700 » January 15th, 2004, 4:44 am

Just a question for you Cat riders.....Why does it not bother you that the quality of the product you choose to ride is inferior to the rest of the market????....This is not a trash, but a point...maybe.....I mean you guys pay around the same as everybody else does, but you have to put up with all these bulletins, and recall issues...I mean I would be disgusted if I was a "PROUD CAT OWNER"...Have any of you expressed your concerns with "CAT QUALITY" to the factory or your dealer...I mean pipes blowing apart, efi calibration issues, pinched fuel lines, no eyelet bolt for the recoil, decals miss placed, oil injection problems,vibrating hoods, and handle bars....none of this bothers you...at all????.......If Ski-Doo or Yamaha did this, I would write and call and complain like hell....I feel bad for you guys, ....really I do...there is nothing worse than not being able to ride, when you get some fresh snow....You spend $7,000 grand and get a lemon, that might last two years, but only if you keep wrenching on it....that is SAD!!!

Or maybe all you Cat riders are rich mechanics, and all this doesn't matter......lmao!!!
MM700

Firecat part II

Postby SLEDHEADRED » January 15th, 2004, 4:46 am

sad..

BUT TRUE.........:)
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Firecat part II

Postby deadsled » January 15th, 2004, 4:51 am

I think Cat riders have just come to grips with the reality that they can choose fast, OR reliable, and they chose fast. You can tell because every time someone trashes the reliability of a cat, they come storming out with the "my f7 wasted your 800 this week" line.
Personal choice I guess. Much as I love speed, being relatively mechanically inept means I won't be driving a cat any time soon. (Even though my brother in law is a repair man for a cat/farm dealer, and he swears by them)
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Firecat part II

Postby XC7MAN » January 15th, 2004, 5:04 am

MM700, where do get all this info about the recalls and problems, whenever I do a search it always seems to be Polaris and Ski-doo that comes up. Personally... I need same ammo against my buddies!
[b]XC7MAN[/b][blue][/blue]
XC7MAN

Firecat part II

Postby Swap » January 15th, 2004, 5:54 am

The thing with cat is that they build a sled for the shoot-outs only. They don't care how reliable it is as long as it looks good for the magazines. Which in turn will make people think that their product is better. Who cares how well it performs for the 1/4 mile, lets see it stay together for 2, I know my XCR can.
[b]I just killed a 6-pack!! WATCH IT DIE!!!![/b]
Swap

Firecat part II

Postby zrcat » January 15th, 2004, 6:13 am

XC, MM makes this******up. Makes him feel better about his poor choice of sled.

If you can't beat'em s h i t on them.
zrcat

Firecat part II

Postby RWL » January 15th, 2004, 6:18 am

HA! HA! HA!..Yet another QUALITY THREAD by MM700,(over 140 views with only 5 responses hmmmmm real worthy one to respond to I guess:?) HA! HA! HA! You go MM.....You Da Man(kid)!!! HA! HA! HA!:B
"on a still summer's night you can hear the ring's flake in a rotax engine" :o
RWL

Firecat part II

Postby WIVIPERMAN » January 15th, 2004, 6:22 am

I have said many times that all of us pay way too much $$$$$$ for our sleds to have to put up with pesky problems! Espescially things like hoses or wires rubbing thru on certain parts! It is sad! BTW- I am not being brand specific here! Have seen it happen with all brands!
WIVIPERMAN
WIVIPERMAN

Firecat part II

Postby The Borg » January 15th, 2004, 6:27 am

Hey, it wasn't long ago that cat was slow and junk, but they kept buying them. Race hype accounts for some, easy to work on and change parts is some, American Made (remeber the little blue stickers on the cowl?) is some, 'Harley type' or 'push Ford/drive Chevy' hype is some, but some people just like them a lot. Hard to argue if someone just likes something.
Emotion wins out over logic many times.
Only sledders you can trust in your galaxy is the Vulcans..they have no emotions.:)
But lotsa frostbite on those pointy ears.
[COLOR=#0000ff]Welcome to.........The Real World. :p[/COLOR]
[img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2103/pc1600246vg.jpg height=200 width=280[/img]

[url=http://cavecountryriders.com]http://cavecountryriders.com[/url]
The Borg

Firecat part II

Postby MM700 » January 15th, 2004, 6:42 am

RWL...THanx....first time I have been called a kid in years...you made my day...lol....I feel like a kid....think I'll go put a couple hundred miles on today....later...OLd man...lol.....BTW....I am 36
MM700

Next

Return to Trash Talkers