Subscribe Today

Firecat part II

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Firecat part II

Postby ArcticEd » January 15th, 2004, 9:12 am

Everyone goes on and on when a sled breaks or has problems.... After an almost 35 year involvment in sledding, (Both riding and spinning wrenches), I'll say this... All snowmobiles amaze me. There isn't another recreational vehicle that I can think of that operates in such extreme conditions and under so many different extreme circumstances. -20f, +90f, pounding across rocky cornfields in 3 inches of snow, moguls, dirt, ice, 60, 70, 80 or more MPH, and they continue to work day in and day out despite all the negligence (some) and abuse that can be heaped upon them. Every one is a wonder, and every one is junk (occasionally). And yet people think they should be like their car or an appliance that is always ready to go out on some great adventure at a moments notice. They will never have car-like reliability, but by the same token, if you pounded your car, refrigerator, or lawn mower for that matter like you do your sled, I'm betting you would be AMAZED at the******that would break, bend, or otherwise fail. Modern snowmobiles have become so high tech and so exotic in order to meet the ever- rising expectations of we who love them that the automotive equivalent from a performance/technology standpoint would be a Formula One racecar. So babbling on and on about whatever buggaboos happen to occur with a particular sled is pretty much a rhetorical argument. At the end of the day, ride it, fix what's broken, fix what doesn't work as advertised, switch brands, or whatever it takes to make you happy..... Or take up needlepoint or water arobics... But why continue to waste the time *****ing about a bunch of bullsh!t that does nothing but irritate others???
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Firecat part II

Postby RWL » January 15th, 2004, 9:35 am

[quote]Maine The point is no-one should have to do these things after paying all the $$$$$$ we do for our machines![/quote]WIVIPERMAN It's been 1 1/2 years of people makin that point!!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I think the majority would agree w/you! we have for the 1&1/2 years!....TIME TO MOVE ON HUH?..P.S thanx for your point I will add it to the thousand others who keep repeating it!!!!!!!BLAH BLAH BLAH(sound alittle familiar MM700)It's really turning into BLAH BLAH BLAH....................................................
"on a still summer's night you can hear the ring's flake in a rotax engine" :o
RWL

Firecat part II

Postby BigDXLT » January 15th, 2004, 10:17 am

Boy... MM went and stirred the pot again... he's turning into the skunk of the yamaha crowd! (Just replace "real world racin" with "fit and finish") :D
BigDXLT

Firecat part II

Postby ArcticEd » January 15th, 2004, 10:29 am

Steve, I can't be the only one here who's getting tired of the CONSTANTLY ongoing bullsh!t that goes on here that serves no other purpose but to irritate others. I've posted a couple appropriatley cutting retorts in the past talking about issues I've been dealing with in reguards to my Fiance' sled and Poo's lack of commitment to make it right, ( after a bunch of hours building and modifying stuff I have it to the point that after 20 minutes running INSIDE the shop on a trackstand, the overheat idiot light still didn't come on..) but I don't, nor have I ever posted day after day after day jsut to throw stones at someone elses pride and joy. It's a good thing this is just the internet and you can disreguard and write it off as a petty annoyance, can you imagine having to work or live with someone who constantly whines just to hear themselves go on???? Point I'm trying to make is that I enjoy the time I spend (waste) here, but It's getting a little less like our old board and more and more like the a$$holes over at AMSnow.... And THAT, Kids, is a shame.
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Firecat part II

Postby BigDXLT » January 15th, 2004, 10:57 am

Oh, I agree completely Ed. 90% of the trashes are the same old thing we've heard for the last few years. Some people just get into it too much and take things personally. I tend to just ignore most of it myself. The problem is that, the board of old was small and low profile. And with snowest, maxsled, and amsnow all overflowing... we're getting an influx of new people. And with more people...

Over on snowest, a bunch of the old time regulars got sick of it and they started up a new forum for themselves. I could see that happening here at this rate. The level of respect is diminishing. BUT, I'd still say this board is still one of a kind on the internet. Of all the (non-personal) forums I've been too NONE have a trash board (unless it's one-way trashing which is boring anyway) and the good boards are HEAVILY moderated. This board has a trash board AND is pretty skimpy on the moderating, because we've self moderated quite well. I wouldn't say it's as bad as you say, but I definately rarely find it as interesting as it was a few years ago. Then again, it's hard to impress people who've seen it all, I suppose.

Now you got me writing a long winded post. Yeesh! :D
BigDXLT

Firecat part II

Postby Loudhandle » January 15th, 2004, 11:11 am

Firecats are killer sleds beat everything else on the market hahahahahahahahaha.
Keepin the flipper wicked since 1978
Loudhandle

Firecat part II

Postby kawicat » January 15th, 2004, 1:01 pm

want to hear a cat durability TRUE story? this week monday until today (thrusday) we took our annual trip to the UP for some riding. on the way there right around irma/tomahawk our we spun out of control, went into the ditch, **** my pants, hit a drainage pipe, launched the back sleds off the trailer, and come to a stop. my sled was upside down, gas and oil pouring out all over the ground. my was smashed, windhshield severely folded (didn't break though) brake lever was smashed and the steering column was tweaked down on the pto side. my dad's sled had the handlebars folded down to the gas tank, the entire master cylinder was sheared off, his windshield was in a million pieces, and his brake line was snapped in two.

now, we were going around 70mph on the road and after entering the ditch. i loaded my pants because i thought we were going to roll. now you cat naw sayers say how weak the a-arm suspension is. mine landed directly on the pto side front suspension muliple times at a high rate of speed and it did no damage to it. we are talking 70mph here right into the ground. my dad's also had no damage, but his rolled and landed right side up. steering other than my column was completely unaffected.

AND we got parts and had these two sled up and running within two hours. we were minutes from Erv's in tomahawk and they had everything we needed to be back on the road.

PLUS both sleds ran flawlessly on the trip (457 miles total) even after taking a huge spin, even though mine was nothing to look at.

AND IF that is not enough. we saw twice as many firecats up there as revs. about two rx-1's and the rest were polaris. no brand was broke down anywhere we went, but two skidoo's and a polaris ran out of gas before making it to copper harbor.

how many sleds can come off at 70mph roll, and not be ready for the scrap truck???
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Firecat part II

Postby InfiniteLimits88 » January 15th, 2004, 1:49 pm

Dude, everyone kno's about the firecat's recalls and problems why blow it way out of proportion ...lol
InfiniteLimits88

Firecat part II

Postby The Borg » January 15th, 2004, 2:01 pm

My blue RX1, kawi. Broke the headlight mask, plastic dash parts, kill switch, bent the handlbars down and sort of together a little, cracked the hood slightly at the point..can hardly see it, and gave me a black leg from the knee down to the toes for a month. Doctor worried about blood clots.
I was amazed, after I pulled out what was left of the kill switch with a small screwdriver, it cranked over, sputtered, and purred like a, well, RX1. Checked alignment, chassis..nothing wrong..runs like a bear. Looks like brand new now. Didn't even lose oil out of anywhere. It was more of a barrel roll and then a flip, and I was the cushion for it.
[COLOR=#0000ff]Welcome to.........The Real World. :p[/COLOR]
[img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2103/pc1600246vg.jpg height=200 width=280[/img]

[url=http://cavecountryriders.com]http://cavecountryriders.com[/url]
The Borg

Firecat part II

Postby ArcticEd » January 15th, 2004, 2:18 pm

OUCH........ Good thing you mutant species have all that alloy superstructure..... you could have been assimilated into the Great Beyond.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers