Subscribe Today

Lasik Surgery

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Lasik Surgery

Postby yak165 » January 24th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Off topic and away from "trashing", but anyone here have LASIK surgery? If so, any opions on it.
Thanks!
yak165

Lasik Surgery

Postby kenlacy » January 24th, 2004, 12:50 pm

My wife had it done last year along with one of my good buds (a sledder as well) - I will do it next year.

Both of them like the results very much. Only thing is they get a little halo affect at night with lights. I just heard a radio advertisement saying they have gotten rid of the Halo affect.

I know in Canada they do the procedure for significantly less. Here it is $800 an eye - from a guy who was one of the orginal to do it in the U.S. with an unreal amount of procedures done.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Lasik Surgery

Postby PA500XCSP » January 24th, 2004, 1:00 pm

A good buddy of mine had it done, good results. He got tired of wearing contacts while riding. Now has to wear glasses for reading. Still a good tradeoff.

Be cafeful picking a doctor.

Good Luck.
PA500XCSP

Lasik Surgery

Postby NorthernSkunk » January 24th, 2004, 1:20 pm

Does that surgery make a polaris look any better?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Lasik Surgery

Postby nclilduke » January 24th, 2004, 1:33 pm

does it have to be redone later or is it concidered a perminant fix?

Can they fix the halo problem?

I drive a truck and halo's could make it ruff maybe even cause you to lose a lifetime job.
[red]1994 Ford Diesel[/red], Factory ATS Turbo Charged, ATS Over Sized Turbo Housing, ATS Intercooler, K&N Filter, Over Size Exhaust, ATS Transmition/Boost/EGT Gauges, Advanced Timing, Fuel Pressures Reset.
[red]1996 Polaris Scrambler 400 4x4[/red], AAEN Pipe, AAEN Chain Tensioner, AAEN Red Primary Clutch Spring & AAEN Blue Secondary, 38mm Flat Side Carb, Boysen Rad Valve, K&N Filter, Endurance Speedo/Computer.
[red]1998 Polaris Scrambler 400 4x4[/red], Hot Seat Pipe, AAEN Red Primary Clutch Spring & AAEN Blue Secondary, 38mm Flat Side Carb, Boysen Rad Valve, K&N Filter, Shreader Rear Tires, Endurance Speedo/Computer.
[red]1998 Suzuki 300 King Quad 4x4[/red] Stock except K&N Filter.
[img]http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL268/1922798/3713664/45630644.jpg[/img]
nclilduke

Lasik Surgery

Postby kenlacy » January 24th, 2004, 2:32 pm

I am not sure what is going on with the Halo deal - just heard soething on the radio. However, if the Halos are a problem, you can get glasses for nightime driving (that is what my wife has). Still a lot better than to have to wear glasses or contacts all the time.

And - a majority of the time it does not have to be redone - if so - it is typically inside of a year and it is covered under the original cost.

And Stinky - It would be hard to make a Polaris look any better!

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Lasik Surgery

Postby Viper 1 » January 24th, 2004, 4:36 pm

I had the older R.K done about 8 years ago had can say it was one the best things I have done !! The Halo thing wore off after a few months! No other side affects ! No more fogged up glasses to deal with!!! I would do it again in a heart beat!!! Go for it! Other best thing I did was get rid of the SKI DOO's :):)
I feel too good to go to work today!.... LET'S RIDE!!!![img]http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/UnitImage.asp?lid=6&lc=sno&cid=26&mid=176&iid=3763 height=2 width=3[/img]
Viper 1

Lasik Surgery

Postby yak165 » January 25th, 2004, 2:53 am

thanks for the input, that's one of my biggest concern is night vision. they say it's better now, but i'm sure they aren't going to say it's worse!!
yak165

Lasik Surgery

Postby SuZQ213 » January 25th, 2004, 4:51 am

A couple of people at work had it done last summer. They've corrected the haloing problem for the mostpart, but it CAN still occur. One of the girls had -900 in each eye, which is extreme. It took a week (instead of the normal 24-48 hours)for her to totally heal, but she sees no halo effects at night. Her's cost $3500, included both eyes, and all follow up appointments. $800 an eye is QUITE a deal.
SuZQ213

Lasik Surgery

Postby kenlacy » January 25th, 2004, 4:54 am

$800 an eye is pretty normal around MN - I have heard it advertised for as low as $600 - $700 on the radio but I had never heard of the place before.

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Next

Return to Trash Talkers