Subscribe Today

Lasik Surgery

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Lasik Surgery

Postby Catrocks » January 25th, 2004, 12:57 pm

I had my eyes fixed in May. I was 20-125 in right eye and 20-200 in left. Went for checkup in Nov was 20-15 right 20-20 in left. It is awesome. Nice not having to deal with dryed out contacts and glasses. I had the halo at night for about 3 months but it then went away. I had the lasik done in Winnipeg, drove myself home the next day. It cost me $2200 american, but was a laser that had came out 5 months b4. My only question is, why the hell did I wait so long. If your thinking about it, do it it is great.
CR

Sled on, b-safe, and most of all; CATSROCK! yeah baby!!

Oh yeah support your local club.!.!
Catrocks

Lasik Surgery

Postby dave583 » January 25th, 2004, 1:05 pm

I had RK done about 7 years ago and I have recommended it to everyone. Lasik is even better, I'm told they can now get your vision better than 20/20. It was pretty new when I had mine done. My biggest recommendation is to interview a bunch of places first before deciding. and dont let price be your deciding factor, these are your eyes, i do know people who have had bad outcomes. Go with a reputable place that does a lot of them and ask if you can talk to former patients. You will not be disappointed with the results.
dave583

Lasik Surgery

Postby BigJWalt » January 25th, 2004, 1:13 pm

I would think price would not be a factor here. You get 2 eyes, dont let some hack mess with them. This is not the time for the blue light special in the optomitry department. Get some referrals from friends and find a doctor that way.
[green]If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting. [b]Dick Vermeil[/b] [/green]
BigJWalt

Lasik Surgery

Postby joshc » January 25th, 2004, 1:29 pm

how about 20 years old would my eyes get bad again and I would have to get it done again.
Ride the Green
joshc

Lasik Surgery

Postby Catrocks » January 25th, 2004, 7:08 pm

Should wait till your late twenties. Your eyes are still adjusting. If ya get it done too soon your eyes might go back some, sounds like if ya hafta do the surgery again it isn't as good. Just talk to a real good eye doc and they will let ya know.
CR

Sled on, b-safe, and most of all; CATSROCK! yeah baby!!

Oh yeah support your local club.!.!
Catrocks

Lasik Surgery

Postby yak165 » January 26th, 2004, 2:53 am

JoshC, from what I've read and been told, as long as your prescription isn't changing your ok to have it. Sounds like a lot of people that have it need reading glasses around their mid 40's. I wouldn't mind that, no worse than needing glasses all the time...I'm scheduled for Thursday to have the surgery, a little worried, but the doctor has a very good reputation around here.
yak165

Lasik Surgery

Postby deadsled » January 26th, 2004, 3:46 am

Your prescription has to be stable for a few years. If it is continually changing, it will change after the surgery as well.

The downside of reading glasses is you look old, constantly taking your glasses on and off, looking over the lenses, etc. The benefit, you don't need them for driving, and they are much cheaper to buy.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers