Subscribe Today

What is the most expensive crash you ever had? And what in the hell did you do???

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

What is the most expensive crash you ever had? And what in the hell did you do???

Postby Swap » January 26th, 2004, 4:46 am

Write-off...

I was pissing around on a race track after a race with my friend's 440. Everything was going great until I came to a corner, a tie-rod end broke and the sled instantaniously turned to the left. I was doing about 75mph at the time and the sled began to roll. I was on it for the first 3 rolls and let go after that, the sled continued to roll sideways until it hit a snowbank. After that it done 2 complete end over ends. After everything was done the sled had no engine, no skis, no hood, the suspension was half way off, the tunnel was bent and buckled, both trailing arms were bent, handlebars were broken, secondary clutch was broken clean off, gas tank was split. I walked away with stud marks on both of my arms.
[b]I just killed a 6-pack!! WATCH IT DIE!!!![/b]
Swap

Postby ***POLARIS KID*** » January 26th, 2004, 5:13 am

in dec. i was riding with my buds at night and i was way ahead came over a ridge and the corner went left well no time 4 brakes stright thrue the corner down about a 20ft drop and planted it into a tree i went thrue the windshield and hit the tree beside it i was doing about 45-50mph ya it hurt well i busted in my bellypan smashed all 3 pipes the hood just shattered total cost was $1200.00
[red][red][b]XCR 600
[/b][img]http://autonet.ru/pics/logotypes/Polaris%20logo.png[/img][img]http://macr.com/images/piss.gif[/img][img]http://macr.com/images/mtn7srx4.gif[/img][img]http://sleddersden.4t.com/images/hahaha.jpg[/img]
***POLARIS KID***

Postby ChrisXCR » January 26th, 2004, 5:24 am

I hit a curbstone at about 60, it was covered in a snow drift that I thought was a snow bank and would make a good little jump. I hit the stone at a slight angle so one ski hit first. That impact broke the bolt that holds the ski to the spindle. The spindle then hit the the curbstone and it was like a pole vault. Luckily I went one way and the sled the other but for amoment as I was flying throught the air upside down I remember looking up between my feet and seeing my sled in a wicked endo/snaproll combo and thinking that is gonna hurt like hell if it hits me, sooo PLEEEEEEEEAAASSSEEE don't hit me! Then I closed my eyes and just hoped to stop without hitting anything. My friend was right behind me and he said the sled was 10-15 feet in the air and rolling and flipping too quickly to count. Once it came back to earth it flipped 4 or 5 more times breaking stuff each time. I was fine thanks to the Tek Vest but had no idea where the sled went. Once I made sure everything on me was still there and still worked, my friends told me where the sled went. It was 25-30 yards past me and looking alittle bent.

I took it to the dealer for an estimate, $4500. I fixed it my self but it was still $2500 +- in parts. It took out the trailing arm, spindle, ski, radius rods, 2 rod ends, a tie rod, the steering post, handle bars, windshield, and all the aluminum structure around the toe hold. Oh yeah, and a $500 shock. Biggest problem was it bent the rear mount for the trailing arm and they only sold that with the bulkhead which was only sold with the tunnel. Alittle thought, a big tree, a torch, a sledge hammer, a couple tie straps, some Budweisers and a big ol' Chevy pick-up and it was good as new! 'Cept for the rear bumper ;)

It happened New Years day 2001 on my then brand new, with only 200 miles on it, '01 ProX 600. And No, I wasn't drunk. :)
:p

For sale:
'01 [red]Pro[/red][blue]X[/blue]600

[b]REV 440 #600[/b]
ChrisXCR

Postby snake321 » January 26th, 2004, 5:26 am

I was having a custody battle with my kid's mother and hadn't seen him for a year.On his first visit back,I was working on a blizzard 9500 grass dragger in the front yard.I said,wanna try??He was about 9 and said sure.I put him in front of me and he got scared cause ya had to wind it up so high for the clutch to engage.I said give it more gas. He did.The front end came straight up,he squeezed the gas all the way to hold on.We went streaking across the yard in a wheelie and I couldn't pull his hand off,least I fall off.When I saw the tree coming, I grabbed the back of his collar and dumped off the back. It hit the tree about 4 feet up and I slid on my back till my ass hit the sled and he shot away and just missed the tree.Bent the nose right under.He brushed himself off and sat next to me and said

we better not tell mom about that one...........
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/883775/smallsnake.gif[/img]
snake321

Postby BigJWalt » January 26th, 2004, 5:42 am

Polaris Kid....We need to introduce you to 2 things. One is a comma(,), the other is a period(.). Please learn puncuation, your posts are hard to read.
[green]If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting. [b]Dick Vermeil[/b] [/green]
BigJWalt

Postby BigJWalt » January 26th, 2004, 5:44 am

Funny one snake.
[green]If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting. [b]Dick Vermeil[/b] [/green]
BigJWalt

Postby ***POLARIS KID*** » January 26th, 2004, 7:05 am

Ya o.k, i'll try harder next time BigJWalt! :P
[red][red][b]XCR 600
[/b][img]http://autonet.ru/pics/logotypes/Polaris%20logo.png[/img][img]http://macr.com/images/piss.gif[/img][img]http://macr.com/images/mtn7srx4.gif[/img][img]http://sleddersden.4t.com/images/hahaha.jpg[/img]
***POLARIS KID***

Postby CatRacer04 » January 26th, 2004, 7:15 am

The most expensive crash i've ever been in is also the only crash i've been in thankfully. It was about 2 years ago and i was on my '97 Zrt600 doing about 90 mph across Lake Cadillac here in MI. Me and my dad were racin each other and it was about 9pm at night so visibility was limited but it was a fairly clear night and we knew the lake well so not many worries until WHAM, next thing i knew i was on my back skidding across the ice and my sled was upside down skiddin right along side of me. Turns out i hit a huge clump of snow from when an ice fisherman covered up his fishing hole and the snow turned to ice. Sled slid upside down for a bit then started to roll several times. Ended up being totaled. Front end was completely messed up, the left A-arm was gone, black magic pipes on it were destroyed, bent the bulkhead and put a HUGE ripple in the tunnel, and the rear suspension was a messed up, plus more. So we parted out what was left and then junked it. I walked away with a VERY sore body and a broken heart, lol... man i loved that sled.
Loud Pipes Save Lives

Arctic Cat-On the gas and Kickin Ass
CatRacer04

Postby Swap » January 26th, 2004, 7:21 am

Where I am from it is required by law that if you make a hole in the ice for any purpose it must be marked. The only problem I have with clumps of snow is when you get those guys who like to dig trenchs on the trail with their high-powered sleds and leave a nice pile of snow as well. Riding is whiteout conditions is just plain dangerous though. Good way to make yourself pizz in techno colour though...
[b]I just killed a 6-pack!! WATCH IT DIE!!!![/b]
Swap

Postby psycho sledder » January 26th, 2004, 7:36 am

Landed in a ice crevice last year while boondockin.
Pushed the left side front shock tower back, bent the shock the a-arms
bent the bars from me hittin them.
psycho sledder

Next

Return to Trash Talkers