Subscribe Today

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby jefff1 » January 31st, 2004, 11:56 am

We just completed out Tug Hill Cruisin' 2 weeks ago and it was some of the best riding that I've had this season and I live in Western NY where we don't have any shortage of snow....It's true that we enjoy the comraderie of each other and meeting new sledders each year but when it comes right down to it we enjoy sledding....Some of us started on Tuesday and the trails were like a pool table and it didn't get rough until all the weekend traffic roughed up the trails...even in the -20 degree weather we were averaging over a 100 miles a day with 2 large groups of riders heading out from The Edge...I personally didn't experience any problems with drunks inside the restaurants or on the trails and eating at places like The Hilltop were great....excellent food and service....I've been up to The Hill for 3 years in a row now and I've enjoyed all the time spent there...of course it also helps that we have a guide like TS that knows the area thoroughly ...where to ride... eat... even where you can go to church on your snowmobile....a big thanks to him and I'm coming back for more great times...
Tom Kat
jefff1

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby XCtorUPurZR » January 31st, 2004, 2:42 pm

Hey Wilson, let me guess you ride a cat don't you tough guy. You should keep riding the hill to because the way you come off, you belong there. Snowman, i'm not sure who made you sheriff of the basher board but who are you to tell anyone what can be said here. I don't come to this board often but the last time i did, i read a bunch of posts about tug hill and how awesome it is. This one wrecked piss drunk, those two got into a fight, couldn't find my way home, too drunk. Do you police those kinds of posts since your the new tughill sheriff? Posts like those are all over this sight, are they good for tug hills economy? I guess not since i'm not the only one on this thread who feels that tug hill sucks. You want your image to be better then do something to make it better. All of what i said in my first clip happened to me and my buddies over about three years. I haven't been there in about ten years and i'll never go back. If your so concerned about me and what i said about the hill, pay a little attention to what guys like Wilson and Mr. seeeee yaaaaa at the next bar. People like them help form opinions like mine.
Hey Phil, did you hear Cats got ball bearing hood hinges for 2004?
XCtorUPurZR

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby zr800newyork » January 31st, 2004, 3:16 pm

Thank you for your apology a couple pages back...XCtorUPurZR...
I rode 80 to 100miles today and found about ten miles that needed
grooming so I grabed another route on the way back from Flat rock problem solved and met a groomer coming out of Houseville (Marty's)
at 1:30 pm on a saturday. Stopped at Pine Tree, River Trail, Flat Rock
Timberview, back to Pine Tree encountered no personal problems with
anyone on the trails or in a restaurant/bar...and it wasn't just my lucky day either... found five guys from Taberg, Ny and showed them the other side of the 'Hill' and found new friends., too.

Thanks for the kind words Jeff1.......

TS
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby Icehole » January 31st, 2004, 3:50 pm

Holy conflicting opinions....It's either a dam war zone or it's pristinely perfect....and about a third sayin it's both

I'm gonna assume it's like any other popular ridin spot.....when it don't suck, it's pretty good
Icehole

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby XCtorUPurZR » January 31st, 2004, 3:54 pm

I'm gonna assume it's like any other popular ridin spot.....when it don't suck, it's pretty good

LOL....Thats about right i guess!!!
XCtorUPurZR

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby The Borg » January 31st, 2004, 4:03 pm

Should've seen it 30 years ago. I was afraid it would get popular. :)There's over 8000 miles of corridor and secondary trails in the state. You don't have to ride the hill.
Although last wednesday was totally outstanding...170 mile loop from Montague to Croghan to Stillwater, to C'ville, back to Montague...with a whole herd of RX1's. Must be your sled..lol. We all had a blast.
[COLOR=#0000ff]Welcome to.........The Real World. :p[/COLOR]
[img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2103/pc1600246vg.jpg height=200 width=280[/img]

[url=http://cavecountryriders.com]http://cavecountryriders.com[/url]
The Borg

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby Icehole » January 31st, 2004, 4:25 pm

with a whole herd of RX1's.

Must a been thunderous....a half a herd causes tectonic plate shifting..course you space bub's don't care, yer just stayin til the bratwurst runs out and yer outta here

Borg, you guys grillin in some ones bellypan?...sure looks like it.lol
Icehole

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby wilson » February 3rd, 2004, 5:06 am

XCtor, sorry it took so long to get back to you, I have been riding with all the drunks and that horrible scenery that you call Tughill. Sorry to come right at you and make you defensive about your post on a TRASH BOARD, but I get pissed when snowmobilers from NY, bash NY trails. You seem like a guy that complains about everything and is never happy. We own a beautiful camp up on Tughill and one in Old Forge. I prefer riding Tughill more than Old Forge. My wife and the women in our family prefer Old Forge. Yamanator, sorry to come off like an a**hole about women riding, but the women that we ride with tend to prefer the smooth stuff. I do not drink when I ride, but you are going to get people drinking anywhere you go. Even around where you guys live, probably even more so. I just think you should of never even posted something like that. Somethings are better left unsaid.
wilson

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby raydrums » February 3rd, 2004, 9:57 am

How can you say that Look at the conditions..
[img]http://209.235.113.108/images/pricelesss.jpg[/img]
raydrums

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby XCtorUPurZR » February 4th, 2004, 1:45 am

Wilson,
Do you ride anywhere else. It doesn't sound like you want to or need to and thats fine. It takes four hours to get to tughill for me and it takes four hours to get to central vermont also. When i say there is no comparison between the two places, it is a huge understatement!! My buddy has a camp in newcomb ny and thats ten times better riding than the hill as far as i'm concerned, but it still isn't a patch on vermonts ass. The dedication that vermont has to its trail system is amazing and its worth the effort and cost of the trail pass to take advantage of it. Not bashing NY as a whole, but the trail system and state dedication is nowhere near vt, nh, or maine. If you think i complain about everything anyway youre wrong, ask me how the riding was when i get back from vt this weekend. Havent had a bad trip up there yet. Enjoy your riding where ever it might be.
XCtorUPurZR

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers