Subscribe Today

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby XCtorUPurZR » January 30th, 2004, 4:35 am

I know this will tweak a few attitudes but I need to tell the rest of the country what a hell hole Tug Hill NY is to ride. I guess i would say its the seaside heights of snowmobiling. I read posts about how awesome the hill is and it makes me laugh. I started snowmobiling in the early nineties and Tug Hill was the first place we went to being its three hours upstate. Tug Hill Plateau is just outside the adirondack park and rightly so, its some of the ugliest country in all of upstate NY. Well it didn't take long to figure out that if this was what snowmobiling was about i was quitting or going elsewhere. The following was the norm:
Trails so rough and seldomly groomed that you were forced to do 20 mph over 3 foot whoops, or speed up to 60 and fold your bars down to your gas tank trying to get through them. I mean ROUGH. If they get three feet of snow, you got three foot whoops for a week. Trail markers and signs, what the hell are they. If they had them they would be called road signs, because thats what youre on, seasonal dirt roads. Fun huh? Drunk as hell tough guys who wrecked in a corner 5 minutes ago, you stop to see if theyre ok and they say you wrecked them and they want to fight you!! Yup all true. 6 guys pulling into the Timberview lodge after a five sled wreck giving high fives asking the 6th guy when he was gonna wreck. New sleds totalled right out, who cares? I've been on trails doing 60 and get passed by a group doing 80, you pull over or they will slam you off the road. Every restaurant you may come across should be condemed as most of the roof and siding has left the building years ago.I could go on and on.
If you think theres more to snowmobiling than drinking, fighting, riding ungroomed unmarked dirt roads, fighting, drinking, eating in dumps, wrecking your sled, your buddies sled and everyone else coming through the corner, and seeing the ugliest country newyork has to offer, than Tug Hill NewYork is not for you. Trust me.
Hey Phil, did you hear Cats got ball bearing hood hinges for 2004?
XCtorUPurZR

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby SLEDHEADRED » January 30th, 2004, 4:41 am

Hey tell us what you really think, come on, dont be bashful.

Sounds liek the U.P. on weekends
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby SLEDHEADRED » January 30th, 2004, 4:41 am

Hey tell us what you really think, come on, dont be bashful.

Sounds liek the U.P. on weekends
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby MXMAT » January 30th, 2004, 4:51 am

I bet when there's no snow anywhere else though this guy is right up there.
MXMAT

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby Sid440 » January 30th, 2004, 4:54 am

God, you really hit the nail on the head. We've had a camp in Osceola since 1980, and finally sold it two years ago, partly because there's no worse place to spend a weekend. Drunks, wanna-be racers, newbies on big muscle sleds, and the worlds largest ratio of over-confident tavern dwelling bench racers. Walk into Cedar Pines, sit down, and guaranteed that within five minutes you will meet the self proclaimed "Fastest rider on the hill." After you do, wait a couple of minutes and you will then meet another person claiming to be "Fastest rider on the hill." Wait a few more minutes then, lo and behold, "fastest. . ", blah blah blah, whatever. Best part about the drunks is, by the end of the day they're too drunk to know the trail back to the bunkhouse, so they ride the roads straight back. Must be a lot of Europeans riding the trails too, since a good majority ride on the left hand side of the trail, specifically around corners.
Sid440

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby PROXR 800 RIDER » January 30th, 2004, 5:24 am

Well I hate to say it but this guy has it all wrong the hill may be bumpy sometimes but when the rest of NY has snow the hill is awsome but the past few years the only snow we had was on the hill which brought thousands of sleds to the tug hill which kills a groomed trail fast but now the whole state has snow the hill is great. As for the bars/rest. I dont know were this guy goes but the timberview ,flatrock,cedearpines,sportsmann & the mountague are some of nicest places ive been to on the hill. I think this guy had a bad trip when there were alot of sleds that killed the trails. So XCtorUPurZR you can drive 10 hours to ride the UP and leave the hill to us guys who arent afraid of bumps once in a while and we know were all the good sceanery is.So stay home or go to the UP they probobly have the same issues as the hill with all there trafic
PS THERE IS NO CRYING IN SNOWMOBILING FIND A NEW SPORT LIKE FIGURE SKATEING (SORRY FIGURE SKATERS)
Ed Nicita
PROXR 800 RIDER

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby Mainecat » January 30th, 2004, 5:30 am

Thank God for Maine:)
Mainecat

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby Icehole » January 30th, 2004, 5:32 am

OK...gotta say I'm sorry to Rev and Salty fer givin em sh!t about doin only 13 miles....also explains why the only good thing we hear about the cruiser ride is meetin others. Yer one of the many honest locals that declare it an overcrowded, can't get enough snow to make it enjoyable destination. It does speak of the dedication to snomoing it takes to endure it tho. Does the small minority of NYer's that tell us how great it is ride a different part of the limited area than the seemingly majority of naysayers?
Icehole

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby Big Slick » January 30th, 2004, 5:35 am

You should ride around here. The trail system goes through rolling hills and beautiful woods and forests. The bridges are well maintained as are the trails themselves and the rest stops are usually quite nice. (Only the Arctic Cat riders are the drunk ones).

Now if we would just get some snow and temps above Zero life would be good.
quote=NorthernSkunk...jus another dumbazz comment that is full of schitt....when the f/k are you gonna grow up....
Big Slick

TUG HILLS A JOKE

Postby SnowmanRules!! » January 30th, 2004, 6:00 am

Not sure when you were up there last, but I was on the Hill from the 14-18 of jan. Lets just say the conditions on wed-fri were excellent. Sat was beat only because they didn't have enough snow to support the number of riders. Even so, I managed to put on 600 miles in 4 days of riding, do you think I could have done that if the trails were bumpy? As far as Bars and resturants, give them a break, they are only open from october through to april. How much money you gonna put into a building only open 6 months out of the year? Like the man said above... I bet your the first one up to the Hill when you have no snow in your backyard. About the only thing I can agree with you on, is about the trail markers. Even guys from the MidWest have committed on the lack of trail signs.
SnowmanRules!!

Next

Return to Trash Talkers