Subscribe Today

Polaris Posts 22% Decline in sled sales

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby kenlacy » January 30th, 2004, 12:13 pm

Highmark - hahahaha thats a good one - Polaris outdated stuff has always and still rules the deep stuff!

I gave ya the race course with tight corners (that's being generous - really Doo has ya there) - that's about all you get though - other than punch cards at your dealer so that when you come in 12 times your 13th repair is free!

And for your Burndout who can't holeshot his way out of a paper bag - still couldn't even make the Finals - only 1 AC was in the Semi's!!!!! Ouch - AC probably has their engineer (bangin his boyfriend in the new and imporved sound and vibration room so no one can hear them) working on a revolutionary holeshot button as we speak!
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby Loudhandle » January 30th, 2004, 12:28 pm

Kenlacy your smoking some good crack if you think polairs is a high performence sled.
Keepin the flipper wicked since 1978
Loudhandle

Postby NorthernSkunk » January 30th, 2004, 12:33 pm

a good sheep doesn't desert the flock eh catheter...lol

I noticed on my last ride that the new doos in my area were outnumbering any new polarises....by quite a bit.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby zrcat » January 30th, 2004, 7:55 pm

Hmm,poo loses market share due to low snow conditions........???????????? Why did n't the rest of the market lose. Looks to me like poo is number two now and is still on the decline. Whatever. I'm sorry, but if it was due to no snow, all manu's would be effected. Admit it, poo sucks and offers nothing. Period.
zrcat

Postby 96XCR600 » January 30th, 2004, 8:17 pm

Foxgirl.... What sleds are you refering to in the Polaris line-up that you can't get electric start or reverse on ? The only one I know of is the pro-x 120 !!!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/XC800SP/4%20Wheelin/Tenneseetrip-1.jpg[/IMG]
Quads...
2005 Polaris Phoenix (kid #1)
2004 Sportsman 700 MOBU (mine)
2004 Yamaha Blaster (wifey)
2003 Sportsman 90 (kid #2)
1989 Yamaha Big Bear 350 (spare)
96XCR600

Postby FoxGirl336 » January 31st, 2004, 4:17 am

[quote]the new sled i got is a cat because none of the polaris's [b]i wanted[/b] came with electric start and reverse.[/quote]
i liked the sabercat better, i wasnt really impresed with any of the polaris's this year.
FoxGirl336

Postby Scrap Iron » January 31st, 2004, 5:57 am

Saying your brand is the best because it won so many mod races is just plain stupid. Do you know how modded up those hill cross and pro open snow cross sleds are? Pretty much the only thing that is stock is the tunnel and bulk head.
[i]If it's not a Doo, it's Poo![/i]
Scrap Iron

Postby kenlacy » January 31st, 2004, 2:40 pm

Zrcat - Poo lost market share because all three of the other manus came out with brand new stuff at the same time (not low snow conditions). Obviously Cat rushed to match Doo and severely failed in the quality department. Yamaha went an all new route with the RX-1 which is a very impressive sled.

Poo has their work cut out for them - but I don't thing it is gonna be too tough to get that spot back - not like Cat is really knocking on the door and they even had an increase in sales.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby 96XCR600 » January 31st, 2004, 8:39 pm

Foxgirl, why didn't you state that you liked the sabercat better in the first place ? Why did you say you didn't get the Polaris because it didn't offer electric start or reverse on a sled you wanted, and now you say you bought a savercat because you liked it better. WHat gives ? Are you making excuses for buying a cat instead of the Polaris ? Im wondering if you really are happy with your purchase with your responses. Don't feel bad about jumping ship on Polaris. The few that have realize their mistakes and always return. LOL
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/XC800SP/4%20Wheelin/Tenneseetrip-1.jpg[/IMG]
Quads...
2005 Polaris Phoenix (kid #1)
2004 Sportsman 700 MOBU (mine)
2004 Yamaha Blaster (wifey)
2003 Sportsman 90 (kid #2)
1989 Yamaha Big Bear 350 (spare)
96XCR600

Postby Straightliner » January 31st, 2004, 10:40 pm

I was talking to my Polaris dealer. He said,(Quote)Polaris claimes they will take back-over the #1 spot in the SNOWMOBILE market. (Later)
Straightliner

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers