Subscribe Today

yami problems

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

yami problems

Postby willpower » January 30th, 2004, 9:02 am

NW Pa. has been BLESSED with snow & extreme cold lately. Lovin every minute of it! Most yami riders around here don't feel the same way. The tripples seem to be freezing up & starving for fuel in the cold temps & fine snow dust.High snow banks at road crossings are also causing problems with the front ends bottoming out & slamming. 2 owners of new 600's can't ride because their sleds won't run. One with plug fouling problems & a cylinder cutting out. Back to 2 different dealers & still not fixed.The dealer refused to give him yamis factory number.I followed a freind home on his viper the other night because of the icing/fuel problem. What good are heated carbs? As another viper owner said the other night after getting stuck twice "the snow is too deep to ride".We don't have the greatest trail system around here, but maybey these guys should hibernate until it warms up & trails get groomed. In the meantime the rest of us are having a blast!
willpower

yami problems

Postby Turkster » January 30th, 2004, 9:33 am

I have owned 7 yamaha,s since 1997 & never ever had any of these problems!!! I think a bit of isopropyl in the tank would cure a lot of problems. Yamahas use smaller cc flatslide carbs. This gives better throttle response but makes em prone to ice up if you get crappy fuel. a few ounces of iso in the gas will make em run great.
Turkster

Return to Trash Talkers