Subscribe Today

LOL, Is this for real, the new Arctic Cat?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby SnowAngel » February 11th, 2004, 12:19 am

The whole lineup of 05's still sux.
THINK SNOW!!! :p
SnowAngel

Postby ArcticEd » February 11th, 2004, 12:41 am

Well, I'm not sure that any one thing did the trick, I'd rather believe that it was a combination of everything I did.... We went around and around with Polaris on this, Cher had been going through the overheating / "limp home" thing since the sled was new. We knew there was a cooler available, but neither a dealer nor Polaris was willing to do anything about it under warranty. Last year, I changed the temp sensor (this was like the 5th one she's had in it, gotta be the most updated part number in history!)) and found that the puke bottle for overflow has a bad seal around the cap... She DID manage to get THAT under warranty, but neither of those things solved the problem. So, Cher bought the cooler kit and brought it down for me to stick on.... And it wouldn't work, the outlets were made for heat exchangers with a top cross-over (inside the seat) but Cheryl's sled had it underneith the tunnel (like a Cat).... just no real easy way to do it... So after calling a dealer or two and being told that it was the kit for her sled (and the only thing available) I got the chop saw out and lopped the ends off of it, and made new ones from 1 x 1 1/8 square aluminum tubing, and welded them on along with 2 pieces of 1/8 wall 1 inch OD round tubing for hose ends, and welded new flanges on to fasten it to the tunnel (The kit was made to be installed by cutting a 7 x 9 square hole right through the top of the tunnel !!!!). So, that done and installed, I remembered a buddy of mine telling me how he moved the temp sensor from between the chambers and into the coolant line, so I made a nice little manifold with a 3/8 thick top on it, drilled and tapped it for 3/8 pipe threads(that's the size of the sensor) and welded that all together , again makinf the hose barbs from 1 inch round tubes). Stuck it back together, got a 3/8 brass pipe plug to thread into the head where the sensor used to live, filled it up and bled it real well, and fired it up.... After running in the shop for almost 20 minutes, it didn't get hot, temp light didn't come on, so we were good to go. On the track stand, the damn thing wouldn't go over 6800 RPM, like 90 MPH indicated, and that turned out to be that the stupid dealer that did the TPS recall on it never tightened it back up. Got it set correctly, had to drill a tiny little hole in a Torx bit to tighten it up all the way (I think it never got tightened correctly because the dealer didn't have the correct Torx for the job in the first place) and it ran like a top. She's ridden it a couple hundred miles this year since we did all this******, and the temp light hasn't come on ONE TIME, even on hardpack. I did extend the snowflap down to where it's about 1 1/2 inches off the snow when Cher's on the sled, too, so that also may have helped. Bottom line is, WHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS BULL$HIT???? Everybody screams about Cat and recalls, but from where I'm sitting, I'd rather have a company be straight up about a problem than have to figure it out yourself and then make the parts to fix it. BTW, that motor has been around since 2000 I believe, and NOW for 2004, Polaris has a new water pump impeller for it ..."for more efficient cooling..."LMFAO. It's all too little, too late for Cheryl, though... She's already said that her next sled will be either green or yellow, and she USED to have Polaris tattoed inside her eyelids. I don't care what her next sled is, as long as I'm the one riding with her .... :)
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby OldCatRacer » February 11th, 2004, 1:45 am

Geez Ed after reading all that, the Smokey Yunick book with 600 pages I have is a breeze to read.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby MXZErick » February 11th, 2004, 3:17 am

I like the throw back graphics on the F-6, that looks sweet! I'd like to see Doo bring back the Blizzard and T'NT names too. Go retro and really stir some good memories!
MXZErick

Postby ArcticEd » February 11th, 2004, 3:21 am

OOOOOOOPPPPPSSSSSSS,Sorry, double post..... first time I've done THAT in like forever...
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby ArcticEd » February 11th, 2004, 3:22 am

Hey Lance, the man has 2 Polaris, and he asked... Maybe something there will help sometime......... Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa, never mind. :)

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby IndyRed » February 11th, 2004, 4:30 am

ArcticEddy.......could you please lose the Bunny?
IndyRed

Postby M10rules » February 11th, 2004, 4:46 am

shhhh, we hunting wabbit...............
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I got it I got it!! we having wabbit dinner!!!
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby SuZQ213 » February 12th, 2004, 6:05 am

NOOOO! I LOVE the bunny with the pancake on his head! Ed, if you're EVEN considering it, set up a new topic and take a vote! I vote for da bunny!
SuZQ213

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers